Givi T492 Soft Saddle Bags - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Iamlegend21087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 121
Givi T492 Soft Saddle Bags

Anyone have experience with these bags? I think they are new for 2012. I think they look sharp and Seem to sit nice on the V without supports. Here's a Video of them actually on a Versys.


Expandable from 28 -35 Liters they seem like a good deal for semi rigid bags for $150.
Iamlegend21087 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Member
 
Capn Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 4,740
Nice post! Thanks!
Capn Kirk is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Member
 
AzItLies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 622
Not any info in the vid indicating if they need support bars or not? Sure doesn't look like it but would be nice to know.

thanks for bringing them up though, look nice.
AzItLies is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Iamlegend21087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 121
If I get mine before you get bags I will be sure to let you know.
Iamlegend21087 is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 150
I really love the looks of the bags, and the price isn't too bad either. My question is can you get them in the USA? Twisted Throttle doesn't seem to carry them. And what about the rear turn signals? The video doesn't show them from the rear, so I don't know if the clear ok or not. Anybody know?
massconn72 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Iamlegend21087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
I really love the looks of the bags, and the price isn't too bad either. My question is can you get them in the USA? Twisted Throttle doesn't seem to carry them. And what about the rear turn signals? The video doesn't show them from the rear, so I don't know if the clear ok or not. Anybody know?
I literally just emailed Twisted Throttle about the availability of these bags. RevZilla has the T493s in Stock and the T492 out of stock and I submitted my email for a notification when they are available again. I am definitely getting these if I can. Also my friend is fabbing some soft bag supports and said he'd be willing to make more.
Iamlegend21087 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 150
Do we really need supports for these? It so hard to tell. I would think that if they were needed, GIVI would be making some? What about the rear signals?
massconn72 is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Iamlegend21087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
Do we really need supports for these? It so hard to tell. I would think that if they were needed, GIVI would be making some? What about the rear signals?
It really is hard to tell about the lights and supports. This video is such a tease I haven't been able to find much on these bags at all.

They are indeed on Givi USA's site. So that's a good sign

http://www.giviusa.com/soft-luggages/Saddle-bags/T492
Iamlegend21087 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Member
 
pdpleog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Posts: 58
Nelson Rigg CL-950's. The Givi bags look nice, but I did a lot of researching and these bags were hands down the best for your money. Look great, 3 pt strap mounting, great fit, 30 seconds on and off once you get them set up. Dual mounting system that let's you click in Riggs tailbags. I'm in love with mine, they look great, lots of space. Highly recommended.
pdpleog is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Member
 
RickySpanish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 99
Those givi sofbags look great!
RickySpanish is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Member
 
Capn Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 4,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpleog View Post
Nelson Rigg CL-950's. The Givi bags look nice, but I did a lot of researching and these bags were hands down the best for your money. Look great, 3 pt strap mounting, great fit, 30 seconds on and off once you get them set up. Dual mounting system that let's you click in Riggs tailbags. I'm in love with mine, they look great, lots of space. Highly recommended.
With a description like that, we need lots o photos please!
Capn Kirk is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
rlj
Member
 
rlj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 281
Did anyone ever try the T492 bags? I'm looking to upgrade my Cortech bags and the size of the 492's look nice..........
rlj is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Iamlegend21087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post
Did anyone ever try the T492 bags? I'm looking to upgrade my Cortech bags and the size of the 492's look nice..........

I actually ended up getting the Nelson Rigg SPRT-50 saddle bags. They fit the V perfectly and I got them for $75 Shipped New in Box on ebay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 457140_543740289001_1225260195_o.jpg (80.9 KB, 285 views)
Iamlegend21087 is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 04:44 PM
rlj
Member
 
rlj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend21087 View Post
I actually ended up getting the Nelson Rigg SPRT-50 saddle bags. They fit the V perfectly and I got them for $75 Shipped New in Box on ebay.
From the capacity standpoint, are you happy with them? My Cortech's are fine 90% of the time however sometimes I need a little more space.
rlj is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Iamlegend21087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post
From the capacity standpoint, are you happy with them? My Cortech's are fine 90% of the time however sometimes I need a little more space.
I haven't had an issue with space. I went on a camping trip to Main this summer and I packed them with all my clothes for three days with plenty of room.

a better view of my bags are here:
just scroll down a little
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...t=19666&page=2
Iamlegend21087 is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
rlj
Member
 
rlj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 281
Thanks for the pics. Just the size I'm looking for in a soft bag!
rlj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome