Close Call - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Close Call

Coming home from work last night i was stopped at the last set of lights before home. The road dog legs at the intersection which means most of the traffic opposite can't see what is coming towards them (and vice versa!).

I got the green light and gave it a slight squirt to be riding ahead of the pack of cars. As i came around the queue of cars opposite, a car just down the line pulledd out across double yellow lines accelerating straight towards me in my lane!

i guessed what he was doing and swerved towards his lane and slammed on the brakes, the car kept going past me at a relative speed around 80km/h and swerved into a driveway on my side of the road.

Chances are he was heading to the local gym where there is no acess from that direction. I have done the same move but only early in the morning when there is no traffic and daylight.

The moral is simple I guess - you must always be alert and expect the unexpected. In this case the car driver was not expecting the acceleration of a bike and thought he had time to sneak in his move.

I lived to tell the tale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begbiie View Post
I lived to tell the tale
Glad you were aware and nothing happened!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode