A Little Disappointed... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

A Little Disappointed...

with MotivationUSA.com

They had a good price on the arrow exhaust, and I threw in some spools.

QTY ITEMS :
1 x AR71698 - Kawasaki Ninja ER-6N/650R/Versys Exhausts by Arrow @ $260.00
(71698AO) Aluminum ($0.00)

1 x SC030B - Rizoma Swingarm Spools for Kawasaki @ $50.00
Black ($0.00)

I paid for 2 day shipping. From Austin, TX to NY. The package came in today around 1 PM!!!

BUT.... only the spools? I only received one tracking number...

Turns out, the exhaust is a drop shipment directly from the arrow warehouse in Nevada. Turns out, they didn't ask them for 2 day shipping, as I had paid for. Turns out the pipe wont be here till Monday, via UPS ground.
Well, they did refund me $21, so i spend $21 on shipping, for both items via different carriers. I guess it is not a big deal....

My concern is with them not telling customers about the drop shipment part, and with offering "overnight" shipments at a rate of about 135 shillings...

The only thing I can say is.. Now I have sufficient time to get out there and do a PROPER video with the stock exhaust under every condition and location, before I stick the arrow under there to do the same. Expect a nice before/after comparison video by next weekend

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 PM

Did you phone in the order or do it online?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 04:11 PM

Garage
Similar thing happened when i ordered my yoshi slip-on i went with the faster shipping and got it the next day because it was shipped from one of thier warehouses just a few of miles from my house.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:52 PM

Those are some expensive spools, maybe there is something special about them?
Motowerk has a nice wide billet spool for $12.00
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 12:00 AM

Looking forward to your before/after video as I am considering the Arrow for my 2010. Would also like to know how the install goes.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPMB View Post
Those are some expensive spools, maybe there is something special about them?
Motowerk has a nice wide billet spool for $12.00
All Rizoma parts from Italy are quite special indeed. Their mirrors sell for $400 per pair. (I got nice Chinese copy for $53) Rizoma swingarm spools have a flush fitting backing plate and quick mount system which can be used even in competition to raise the bike off the ground. Their spools are available in anodized colors including black.

http://www.rizoma.com/universal/swing-arm-spools/sc/en
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

I look forward to making it. The before stages will be filmed tomorrow. I also would like to take some step by step pictures, because even if it's a pretty easy job, it'd be a nice reference for everybody.

Also, I ordered on the website. I didn't see anything about drop shipment etc. I called today and he admitted he never told arrow it was paid for 2 day shipping, so. It's all good, just the way it happened was bogus.

Yeah the spools also squeeze out 7-10 wheel horsepower, and reduce the weight of the bike by 30 lbs. welll worth the $50. Okay, seriously.. I think I'm gonna have a baby in 9 months, because I got...

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
I look forward to making it. The before stages will be filmed tomorrow. I also would like to take some step by step pictures, because even if it's a pretty easy job, it'd be a nice reference for everybody.

Also, I ordered on the website. I didn't see anything about drop shipment etc. I called today and he admitted he never told arrow it was paid for 2 day shipping, so. It's all good, just the way it happened was bogus.

Yeah the spools also squeeze out 7-10 wheel horsepower, and reduce the weight of the bike by 30 lbs. welll worth the $50. Okay, seriously.. I think I'm gonna have a baby in 9 months, because I got...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode