Zero Gravity Touring Windscreen - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Zero Gravity Touring Windscreen

Does anyone on this forum run a Zero Gravity Touring Windscreen? They have them for the 2nd Gen V, did some searches on here and came up with nothing.
I would like to hear some feed back, if there is any available.

Thanks

Current rides:
2011 Versys
1995 CR 250 (Sold)
2005 Honda Recon(Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:47 AM

Sorry, not seen it here but sure looks better than stock.
http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/pr...age.php?pn=212

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 03:19 AM

I would trade that short SR for my MRA Vario
Looks great.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:33 AM

Stlee, megafortune penang has it for rm400.00

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 AM

Dayum.....that's a nice screen
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOleChalupa View Post
Dayum.....that's a nice screen
Dude,
I think I might get the sport tour. Wonder how it compares to the Givi for our Gen2 (2010+) V????
If we could get a small discount say $90 shipped I'll be all over this.
I'm still using stocker in steepest position.

2012 Pittsburgh Steeler Versys

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan2112 View Post
Dude,
I think I might get the sport tour. Wonder how it compares to the Givi for our Gen2 (2010+) V????
If we could get a small discount say $90 shipped I'll be all over this.
I'm still using stocker in steepest position.
I'm waiting for my new Givi touring screen to show up. I'll let you know how that one works out. I really like the zero gravity one though!
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 04:57 PM

I have a ZG on my KLR in winter and the Givi on my V. Both are nice and seem well made. Only thing I don't like about the ZG was the dealer I got it from order in the dark tint and I wanted the light tint or clear, but that's not ZG fault. I can't really say ones better than the other because they are different bikes. I do think the Givi looks better on the V but being clear it "Hides" a light better even though it's larger and taller. I'f I had a clear ZG on the KLR I think it would look better. One reason I run the factoy on the KLR in summer is I'd hate to crash offroad on the ZG it might leave a mark!

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 05:58 PM

I have a ZG st405 on mo 09. Purchased it from a forum member. It works very well with very little buffeting. I am 5'10". The thing I like is that I no longer get bugs on my visor. I rode through some rain yesterday and it seemed to keep the rain off my torso.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 11:50 AM

Just installed

The brown truck delivered my new Zero Gravity Touring windscreen yesterday afternoon. I ordered it by phone directly from Zero Gravity Corporation the day earlier. This morning I took it for a thirty-five mile test ride on twisty mountain roads and on the freeway.
I'm 6'1" and always wear earplugs. The windscreen (light smoke) seemed to have slightly less buffeting at 80mph on the slab and flowed smoother air at 45mph in the twisties than the stock windscreen on my 2010.
I'll post an update in a few weeks after returning from a ride to Laguna Seca Moto GP and the Sacramento Mile.

Sent from my iPad
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmann View Post
The brown truck delivered my new Zero Gravity Touring windscreen yesterday afternoon. I ordered it by phone directly from Zero Gravity Corporation the day earlier. This morning I took it for a thirty-five mile test ride on twisty mountain roads and on the freeway.
I'm 6'1" and always wear earplugs. The windscreen (light smoke) seemed to have slightly less buffeting at 80mph on the slab and flowed smoother air at 45mph in the twisties than the stock windscreen on my 2010.
I'll post an update in a few weeks after returning from a ride to Laguna Seca Moto GP and the Sacramento Mile.

Sent from my iPad
Did you get the SR or Sport Touring model?

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:13 PM

x

Last edited by AzItLies; 10-23-2012 at 02:08 PM.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:19 PM

I got the Sport Touring model. It was $99.95 plus $15.95 shipping. I'd post some pictures if I could figure how from my iPad. The light smoke blends right in with my black '10.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhtf View Post
Stlee, megafortune penang has it for rm400.00
Andrew. Will have a look.

I still like the darken Givi with MRA spoiler:

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:10 PM

What's the height of the zero gravity sport tour shield? Can someone provide a measurement?
Thanks
Steve in KY
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:41 AM

Touring measurement

When I measure the windscreen from the top of the screen to the bottom opening of the screen, just above the the cowling, along the centerline, I get the following measurements: stock screen=11"; Zero Gravity Sport Touring=17".
Based on the Zero Gravity website, the Sport Touring is 4" taller than their SR. Some quick math concludes that the SR would be 2" taller than the stock screen.

I hope this info helps. BTW, the installation of the Zero Gravity was very easy and took all of about three minutes.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 04:52 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmann View Post
When I measure the windscreen from the top of the screen to the bottom opening of the screen, just above the the cowling, along the centerline, I get the following measurements: stock screen=11"; Zero Gravity Sport Touring=17".
Based on the Zero Gravity website, the Sport Touring is 4" taller than their SR. Some quick math concludes that the SR would be 2" taller than the stock screen.

I hope this info helps. BTW, the installation of the Zero Gravity was very easy and took all of about three minutes.
Thanks PACmann! SO at 17" is that slightly shorter than the GIVI tour??
Hopefully we can find someone who has first hand knowledge of both (buffeting heights etc.).

post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks PACmann! SO at 17" is that slightly shorter than the GIVI tour??
Hopefully we can find someone who has first hand knowledge of both (buffeting heights etc.).
Hey Packmann I'm still hoping for some more updates/full review.?? Maybe 17" is too much? SO at 17" is that slightly shorter than the GIVI tour, right??
I am 6 feet even and may get the 2"(SR-right?) taller than stock model.
Model SR is 2" taller than stock and Sport touring model is 6" taller than stock. The Givi Tall is 21cm or 8.2" taller than stock.
I think one about 3 to 4 inches taller and maybe shaped better than stocker would be perfect for me. I hoping you will help me decide between the SR and Sport Touring..
Thanks!

Last edited by Morgan2112; 08-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Hey Packmann I'm still hoping for some more updates/full review.?? Maybe 17" is too much? SO at 17" is that slightly shorter than the GIVI tour, right??
I am 6 feet even and may get the 2"(SR-right?) taller than stock model.
Model SR is 2" taller than stock and Sport touring model is 6" taller than stock. The Givi Tall is 21cm or 8.2" taller than stock.
I think one about 3 to 4 inches taller and maybe shaped better than stocker would be perfect for me. I hoping you will help me decide between the SR and Sport Touring..
Thanks!
What type of riding do you do Morgan? Lots of highway stuff? If so, I'd say go for the touring screen. But if you're not........ I'd say just go for the SR. In my humble opinion, I think it's the best looking screen- bar none- for our bike!
Hmmmmm...reeeealy wanting this screen!!
PS---- I find the sport touring screen a bit unsightly for the Versys
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOleChalupa View Post
What type of riding do you do Morgan? Lots of highway stuff? If so, I'd say go for the touring screen. But if you're not........ I'd say just go for the SR. In my humble opinion, I think it's the best looking screen- bar none- for our bike!
Hmmmmm...reeeealy wanting this screen!!
PS---- I find the sport touring screen a bit unsightly for the Versys
Mostly in town so far, but lots of damn freeways filled with big trucks around here.
I really thought PackMann was going to help us out here. I hope he's OK????
I've found the stocker in STEEP works the best for me around town..
Hey Chalupa what you do with the big-GIVI???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode