Ok I am on the V train... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Ok I am on the V train...

So as some of you know I recently purchased a 2009 V for my wife got it shipped up from Arizona and we couldn't be more happy. Annnnnd I couldn't be more jealous now! lol I love riding her bike I love my meanstreak too but I like the Versys as an every day bike. So now I am trying to sell my 2003 Vulcan Meanstreak with 15k miles for 4k (has a few extras) and then I am going to dive in on a V except this time I won't ship it. I will use my 1 way free miles to go and get it. Of course I looked today on line and only 250 miles away is my dream bike with everything I want on it! (http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...-650-103244547) Dohhhh! damn that thing called cash money! lol so give me the good vibes to sell off my beloved meanie so I can get my V then we will have 2 in the garage! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 02:14 PM

*sends vibes*
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 02:48 PM

Right on! and that's a good deal on that bike and its setup.

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM

what's up with that avatar, tommy? i thought those figs were all decom'd but wiki tells me we have quite a few still in the fleet. pretty cool.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
Right on! and that's a good deal on that bike and its setup.
+1

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrider View Post
what's up with that avatar, tommy? i thought those figs were all decom'd but wiki tells me we have quite a few still in the fleet. pretty cool.
That was my last ship the crommelin based out of pearl she will be decommed next year most all should be gone by then. My other ship the ranger got decommed in 93 I did the last west pac on her. Lots of good times out in the fleet.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 12:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt37 View Post
Lots of good times out in the fleet.
Yep my dad retired Oct,1961 when he was 36 as a Chief. Went in at age 16 and his time in the navy were the best time of his life.

425805_358184427548697_100000714281669_1217179_141 4312032_n by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 AM
MTS

Best of luck and vibes!! And

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep my dad retired Oct,1961 when he was 36 as a Chief. Went in at age 16 and his time in the navy were the best time of his life.

425805_358184427548697_100000714281669_1217179_141 4312032_n by weljo2001, on Flickr
Awesome picture full speed ahead shippy!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post

Weljo, that's a young age at 36 to retire. Does the Navy help him to find another job considering his young age?

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daMax View Post
Weljo, that's a young age at 36 to retire. Does the Navy help him to find another job considering his young age?
Most military people who retire have no problem at all finding another job if they want to. Most do because many can "reitire" at such a young age.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daMax View Post

He had lots of opportunitiy waiting for him once he retired. But back then alot of people coming out of the military went straight to the postal system.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Platinum Site Sponsor

I'm Canadian, but thank you for your years of service. After all the American and canadian forces work closely most of the time. I also own a home in Florida so you give me the freedom to do that. Ok, enough with the mushy stuff, sell the streak get that versys and try to wipe the huge permagrin off your face.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
I'm Canadian, but thank you for your years of service. After all the American and canadian forces work closely most of the time. I also own a home in Florida so you give me the freedom to do that. Ok, enough with the mushy stuff, sell the streak get that versys and try to wipe the huge permagrin off your face.
Thanks kojack! You are right we do work close together and the canadian navy are real professionals....Funny story I remember we were doing manuvers with the HMCS Regina near hawaii where I was stationed and I was in CIC (combat information center) and was asked to call the Regina on Navy red (secure UHF comm for general use I was just standing around at the time) any way I called up and said "Vagina this is Crommelin over) uhh ohh... the door to CIC opens up 5 seconds later as the XO came down the ladder from the bridge he wasn't to happy.... I swear to god it was a freudian slip or something.....at least that's what I said. I was told to stay off Navy red and worry about my job and at the time I was standing WCO (weapons control officer watch). I did
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Ah ha ha....too funny. Well. I pretty well sold two of my bikes today. Versys next week...
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ah ha ha....too funny. Well. I pretty well sold two of my bikes today. Versys next week...
Lucky you no hits on my mean streak. Might be a long summer.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Yeah, may have to trade r in. I know the economy has taken a down turn in the states so alotmofmtoy spending has stopped. Up here, the oil is keeping things booming.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah, may have to trade r in. I know the economy has taken a down turn in the states so alotmofmtoy spending has stopped. Up here, the oil is keeping things booming.
Well its only been a week. I would trade her if local dealer had a good deal on a used v. They have a new 2011 is all and I can't swing that. I was hoping to sell fly some where then ride home. I will put bike in cycle trader only in Craigslist as of now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode