Here we go! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Here we go!

So its begun. The endless list of accessories and changes! After reading stlee29's blog, have been inspired to start one of my own! Started small with the Givi windscreen, and then SW motech hand gaurds. If you look hard enough you can see the hobby fuel pipe to stop the instrument cluster from vibrating!!! (, pirnie!)
Soon to follow - braided brake lines, Scottoiler, Givi panniers, Leo Vince SBK GP Style ....
Now to find a magical money plant to fund all of this!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0368.jpg (37.3 KB, 281 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Oh and went for a short ride yesterday, to a place called Titi. Yes, thats the name, I swear. Its a small small town, but the roads there are so much fun and challenging! The majority of them have a good surface and are nice and wide, though (and I think I got lost a little to have found these roads) there were a couple of sections where the road wasnt more that 6-8ft wide. What was really interesting about them though was that they had a fat white line down the middle, this was a TWO LANE ROAD!!!! Wish I had stopped to take a pic I'm always torn between stopping to take pics of great/interesting roads and actually riding great/interesting roads! lol
Tried riding with earplugs for the first time, was a really quiet ride, but I got kinda spooked, couldnt hear traffic around me, and with all the traffic in Malaysia, I think its really important to be able to hear that! Now I got to figure out how to make my helmet quieter.
Anyways, here're a couple of pics that I did stop to take. I plan to go back soon, so will post more pics of the roads. I hope.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0373.jpg (39.3 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0374.jpg (34.1 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0375.jpg (39.5 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by seancpa; 04-29-2012 at 12:52 PM.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancpa View Post
Oh and went for a short ride yesterday, to a place called Titi. Yes, thats the name, I swear. Its a small small town, but the roads there are so much fun and challenging! The majority of them have a good surface and are nice and wide, though (and I think I got lost a little to have found these roads) there were a couple of sections where the road wasnt more that 6-8ft wide. What was really interesting about them though was that they had a fat white line down the middle, this was a TWO LANE ROAD!!!! Wish I had stopped to take a pic I'm always torn between stopping to take pics of great/interesting roads and actually riding great/interesting roads! lol
Tried riding with earplugs for the first time, was a really quiet ride, but I got kinda spooked, couldnt hear traffic around me, and with all the traffic in Malaysia, I think its really important to be able to hear that! Now I got to figure out how to make my helmet quieter.
Anyways, here're a couple of pics that I did stop to take. I plan to go back soon, so will post more pics of the roads. I hope.
Whereabouts is this, Malaysia or Singapore?

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 02:55 PM

Garage
That black-n-yellow sure looks good.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
That black-n-yellow sure looks good.
Yeah, those are the new colours for the 2012 model.

Sean, you'd better mod up yours real quick just so that we can differentiate between our two bikes . Any luck with accessories purchase?
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yychow0812 View Post
Whereabouts is this, Malaysia or Singapore?
This is in Malaysia, pretty close to Kuala Lumpur
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
This is in Malaysia, pretty close to Kuala Lumpur
Haha. I'm born and bred in KL but have never heard of this place. Can you imagine? It's not Titiwangsa is it?
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah, those are the new colours for the 2012 model.

Sean, you'd better mod up yours real quick just so that we can differentiate between our two bikes . Any luck with accessories purchase?
Haha, yeah, will have to do that. Slowly starting out, have ordered my brake pipes, and hopefully picking up my Scottoiler next week. Not planning to do too much on the cosmetics of the bike, wanna try and keep it looking as stock as possible.

Weljo2001 - yeah, am really liking the colour. Wanted to get the all black version first, but they told me it would take 3 weeks extra to get that so "settled" for the black and yellow. Wouldnt have gone for it otherwise, but sure am glad i got it now.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Haha. I'm born and bred in KL but have never heard of this place. Can you imagine? It's not Titiwangsa is it?

Ah, found it only cause i was trolling the net for route ideas. Here's a map - http://maps.google.com.my/maps?q=Tit...bilan&t=m&z=11

and no, not Titiwangsa
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Took a couple of pics today with a proper camera, loving the colours
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012_05_05_9992.jpg (9.4 KB, 109 views)
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Happy happpy joy joy

so i think i'm becoming a proper farkles junkie. my brake lines arrived today, and was absolutely thrilled! cant wait to get them installed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0377.jpg (19.9 KB, 73 views)
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
so i think i'm becoming a proper farkles junkie. my brake lines arrived today, and was absolutely thrilled! cant wait to get them installed!
Sean, ordering all these stuff from overseas, any issues with having to pay taxes in Malaysia? If I ordered the stuff and ship to Thailand, I would most probably end up having to pay hefty taxes.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

so what i'm hearing is that anything below RM500 is ok, but above could be stopped by malaysia customs. from what i understand stuff in thailand is cheaper than malaysia though, no?
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
so what i'm hearing is that anything below RM500 is ok, but above could be stopped by malaysia customs. from what i understand stuff in thailand is cheaper than malaysia though, no?
Can't really say as its too difficult to compare as there aren't really any online shops in Malaysia.

My Kawasaki dealer told me that Givi bags are cheaper in Malaysia (since they are manufactured there anyway) but what I know is that the import taxes here in Thailand are indeed high.

I'm in Paris at the moment so hopefully can pick up a few items VAT free. Hope to find some shops selling accessories.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

So finally got the HEL brake lines installed. Lovely feel on the brakes now.

Went for a ride soon as they were installed, to a place called Bukit Tingi, a small hill outside KL. Great roads, hardly any traffic ... perfect. Went up and down the hill a couple of times, had to work on the chicken strips, see?? lol didnt have much luck with that

On the way back, was on the highway, doing about 130-140, in the fast lane, cars moving out of my way, feeling like the king of the road. The suddenly heard this drone coming up behind me, and FAST! A couple of sport bikes pass me like I'm standing still, scared the crap out of me. Soon as they go I get passed, in order, by a Porsche, a Ferrari and a Lamboghini, followed by a couple more sport bikes, all obviously racing with each other. All passed by too quick for me to figure out what models they were, but it was amazing to see how fast these guys were all going! Mind blowing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0384.jpg (21.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0380.jpg (25.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0382.jpg (34.1 KB, 76 views)
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 11:30 AM

Ah, a fellow countrymen.

Welcome aboard!

a new rider, i guess?

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
So finally got the HEL brake lines installed. Lovely feel on the brakes now.

Went for a ride soon as they were installed, to a place called Bukit Tingi, a small hill outside KL. Great roads, hardly any traffic ... perfect. Went up and down the hill a couple of times, had to work on the chicken strips, see?? lol didnt have much luck with that

On the way back, was on the highway, doing about 130-140, in the fast lane, cars moving out of my way, feeling like the king of the road. The suddenly heard this drone coming up behind me, and FAST! A couple of sport bikes pass me like I'm standing still, scared the crap out of me. Soon as they go I get passed, in order, by a Porsche, a Ferrari and a Lamboghini, followed by a couple more sport bikes, all obviously racing with each other. All passed by too quick for me to figure out what models they were, but it was amazing to see how fast these guys were all going! Mind blowing
Thumbs up to you for not trying to catch or keep up with those idiots. The roads are no place for racing, especially in Malaysia with the likes of Kancils and Peroduas in every which lane but the left.

Recently in Bkk, a Porsche smashed into the back of a Fortuner at about 1.40 am. The speedo needle on the Porsche was stuck at 280 km/h. Som na na to the driver who died before killing more people (the driver of the Fortuner died as well).
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
All passed by too quick for me to figure out what models they were, but it was amazing to see how fast these guys were all going! Mind blowing
on Karak, 200km/h (indicated) is the regular speed those supersport riders usually goes, FYI.

When was your trip up bkt tinggi? I heard the management of that place has banned bikers since a few weekends ago.

By the way you should try Fraser's Hill. Something like Titi, but better. Still I'd suggest you riding the old Gombak-Sempah route first for familiarisation. Ride safe and ATGATT.

- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 PM

About riding with earplugs, dont worry, you'll get used to it. In fact i can concentrate on riding better with the wind noise filtered out.

Up next :
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Nope, no way I'm going to try and keep up with them. 130 is plenty fast for me!

Andrew, thanks! Yep, my Versys is 3 months old now.

Have done Fraser Hill a couple of times, feel much safer on that road especially on the last section because its one way. Though I approached from the E1 and then exited near Rawang and then found my way up.

Bukit Tingi still seems to be open, I went all the way up. Though they did make me pay an entry fee right at the top. Not worth it if you're not stopping at the restaurant up there, not much of riding roads up there.

Any other suggestions for good day trips? Preferrably with tons of twisties thrown in!!

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode