Luggage, Windshield, and Hand guards? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Luggage, Windshield, and Hand guards?

Well, I know that GIVI makes hard luggage and taller windshields for the versys...and I know that Zeta makes some Hand guards for them. Couple questions...

I read somewhere a while back about someone putting v-strom hand guards on their versys. Any one else heard of this? What do ya think about them fitting? I was gonna buy a set off of ebay but thought I'd check around first...

Second, does anyone out there have the hard luggage (saddlebags, tail bag) from Givi or from Kawasaki? I tend to like the luggage listed on Kawasaki's web site better..and am going to try to get my dealer to throw in some of them with the bike purchase. Any thoughts about which luggage you like better?

And lastly...the windscreen that comes on the versys seems a bit short. I'm about 6 feet tall and think I will probably need the bigger one. Anybody have any experience with the windshield? I haven't had a chance to demo ride one (and probably won't since it's a blustering 20 degrees out here in good 'ol PA)

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 09:48 PM

I have the Givi screen and really like it. I'm 5' 7" and I have it at the highest setting. You may want a taller screen though. Again, look thru the site above.

Kawa hard bags I heard have a long wait time so be sure how fast you can get them.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 AM

http://www.amotostuff.com/thestore/givi.html
I ordered Givi luggage. it is contoured to fit the bike.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:31 AM

Givi Luggage and Windscreen

I originally ordered the Kawi sidebags but after hearing horror stories of 5 to 7 month waits I decided to order the exact same bags from Givi (V35's) and had them 2 weeks later . I also ordered the Givi windscreen and found that with my 5'11" height that the lowest position worked best
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 AM

Christina,

I've no experience with the luggage or aftermarket screens.

I have mount the V-Strom handguards, and while they're not the prettiest things, they work very well.

Ensure you order the 650 and not the 1000 V-Strom kit. The 1000 has a hydraulic clutch and the left guard does not fit correctly without a major hack job. (been there, done that, ordered the proper kit)

Cheers,

BBM
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 01:17 PM

Christina,

I had a givi rack with Pelican cases on my KLR and will be transfering them to the Versys.

As for handguard, I will be fitting my Versys with KLR handguards. Read on the net that they fit with the right hardware. I ordered everything and should be getting them this week.

Will let you know how they fit.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:53 PM

Givi windscreen

I purchased the Givi windscreen immediately after buying my Versys. Even though I live here in north Florida, we still have some pretty cold winter mornings, and the stock screen just didn't get it. The Givi screen fits very well, looks great, and works great. Wind noise is almost eliminated. I'm approximately 6', and with the screen all the way up, the windstream catches my helmet just above the face shield. Does create some problems with the defog abilities of your helmet, but it's a worthwhile trade-off. I've now gone back to the stock screen, since our winter is over with. I still like the looks of the stock screen best. It's definitely worth the money. I think I paid about $120 for it.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 04:14 PM

Question re. the Kawasaki top box

My bike came with the Kawasaki branded small top box, which is a bit smaller than I need. I was about to buy a Givi Universal mount to go on the rack so I can replace it with a larger top box, but then I took a look at it today and it appears to already be a Givi Universal plate. Can anyone confirm that's the case? If so, I should be able to just mount a Givi Monokey without buying anything else, right? Thanks!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 03:25 PM

hi here in the uk we were luky enough to get a full givi hard touring kit ( side and top box ) free on the versys purchased before january 2008 this was a sales trip by kawasaki uk ..... lucky lucky lucky
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 08:51 PM

Windshield

I have just purchased the powerbronze from eBay.

I cuts the chest blast but still catches the head.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 PM

The V-strom guards require modifying, but work and look good. I removed them though after getting the Givi screen. I will put the Zitas next or just heated grips
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 AM

V strom handguards

Does any of the orig equipment need to be modified or just the new plastic parts? Do I need to buy extra bolts or clamps? Is there clearance for a hand in an insulated glove? Thanks
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:02 PM

I have the Givi stuff all around, bags, windshield, racks.... I am still in the market for handguards, but my windshield is at the highest position and I am about 5'9ish" with a long torso and stubby legs.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 05:51 PM

KTM handguards fit also.

07 K1200GT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Tiger 1050 (on the way)
08 Versys (Sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Ninja 250r (wife's)
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
hi here in the uk we were luky enough to get a full givi hard touring kit ( side and top box ) free on the versys purchased before january 2008 this was a sales trip by kawasaki uk ..... lucky lucky lucky
You lucky bloke! Wish I coulda got a deal like that.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode