1st Birthday Today - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

1st Birthday Today

Well, it's one whole year today since I picked up my new Versys so to mark the occassion I thought I'd put down a few lines. I can't deny that the different style and performance took a while to get used to, having mainly owned and ridden larger four cylinder bikes. The first few months weren't without doubt and regret either and on several occassions the V was nearly part exed for another four - Z1000/750 or GSR750 being the main contenders. However, every time I rode away from the dealer with a p/ex quote in my jacket, the same thing would happen - 'why do I want to get rid of this bike?' I'd ask myself and at the end of the day couldn't bear to part with it. So, it's still here today I'm glad to say. I've done my bit of farkling and got it to look a little 'motard' ish. It's not bonkers fast, but it's an undeniably fast bike when you want it to be, easily capable of staying with anything else on anything but motorways. It does 50-55 mpg, is cheap to service and insure, with wide bars and an elevated riding position. Suits my style and needs down to the ground right now. I don't do a lot of miles compared to a lot of you guys, 2601 being my first year's mileage, but it's a fair weather toy and sometimes commuter. First year service is next Saturday with a Scorpion can being slipped on for good measure. Pics and opinion for that in due course. Hmm, sun's out - may go for a ride...!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6865.jpg (79.0 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7100.jpg (106.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7638.jpg (91.2 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7636.jpg (102.2 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6863.jpg (64.4 KB, 90 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 12:13 PM

Garage
It looks good without the windscreen...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Very nice

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 06:49 PM

I like the red trim on your wheels. Really goes nice with the black.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

-Homer Simpson

Current Bike:
2017 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM

Very nice looking. I'm curious; what does insurance cost you in the Deep South UK?

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 AM
MTS

Awesome looking bike! I have gone through the same thought process.

This is year two. I have the 2010 black. I love the upright ridding position of the V. I get complements all the time. Young people love this bike. Some have said how ugly they are on this forum, and I don't see it. The new hip word if fugly! Ha! Ha! Whatever you webters dicktors!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Very nice looking. I'm curious; what does insurance cost you in the Deep South UK?
Renewal last October was UKŁ140 fully comprehensive. That's with full no claims bonus which helps of course.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
It looks good without the windscreen...
It's not perfect and looks a little 'unfinished' but I prefer it to the standard screen. If I could find a small aftermarket flyscreen I'd buy one but I dont think they exist....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Awesome looking bike! I have gone through the same thought process.

This is year two. I have the 2010 black. I love the upright ridding position of the V. I get complements all the time. Young people love this bike. Some have said how ugly they are on this forum, and I don't see it. The new hip word if fugly! Ha! Ha! Whatever you webters dicktors!
I find that people of all ages are complimentary of my V, one of my son's mates said it was 'well bad looking'..... I remember the words from an 80s rap song going - "where good is bad, and bad is about as good as it can possibly get"......Ah, the good old carefree days....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode