Met another forum member, today - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Met another forum member, today

I was headed to the store for some tea and was about to make the turn when I saw a green V pass on the cross street. I kept an eye on him as I turned into the parking lot and saw him turn around and head my way. He pulled into the space beside me and we exchanged remarks about funny looking motorcycles. Then he asked me whether I was the guy he had pm'd a few weeks ago. Yes, indeed. So then we got down to some serious tire kickin and lie swappin and milling around each others bikes. Very enjoyable conversation. When it was all over, I went in and got my tea and as I was checking out, the clerk said, "Oh, I see that you finally made it into the store." They could see us out in the parking lot shooting the breeze.

It was great to meet you, Tim. Looking forward to getting together again.

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 08:25 PM

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 08:51 PM

cool beans...

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 01:53 PM

Nice! I have yet to even see another V on the road let alone meet another owner!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 PM

That's awesome. One of the reasons motorcycling is such a great thing to be a part of.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 12:39 AM

Nice meet up!

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 AM

I've never met a Versys forum member, but I'm pretty sure they're out there.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Have travelled to Malaysia to meet them and would love to travel to Canada to meet you and your great country.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've driven thru "the Kap" a bunch of times, years ago, and IF I ever decide to do it again, I'll drop by for a coffee!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I've driven thru "the Kap" a bunch of times, years ago, and IF I ever decide to do it again, I'll drop by for a coffee!
Some outsiders sometimes call it "the" Kap instead of just "Kap" for some reason, which sounds quite strange to us...

I'm not a coffee drinker but it'd be great to meet a fine Versys forum member like yourself. I'd love to go back out west again some day. Kelowna sure is beautiful. I haven't seen it since the great fire... I was there at the Regatta in 1983 when I was 17 to watch some professional boat races and bikini clad females on the beach. I then won a trophy there for 2nd place in BC's provincial against the then reigning middle weight armwrestling Canadian champion, and was invited to the national competition.

Last edited by invader; 04-09-2012 at 09:22 PM.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Some outsiders sometimes call it "the" Kap instead of just "Kap" for some reason, which sounds quite strange to us...
This got me to look (on google maps) where invader hearkens from. Wow... My wife is from Michigan (and not the UP) and I thought that was "up North!" I can hope that someday I will make it to "Kap," but it is only about 1900 miles from here. (It is only about 860 miles from the in-laws... That might give me the perfect excuse for being away for a time.)
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mursili View Post
This got me to look (on google maps) where invader hearkens from. Wow... My wife is from Michigan (and not the UP) and I thought that was "up North!" I can hope that someday I will make it to "Kap," but it is only about 1900 miles from here. (It is only about 860 miles from the in-laws... That might give me the perfect excuse for being away for a time.)
General Motors has a cold weather testing facility here, and we often see pre-production vehicles with Michigan plates over winter.
A certain "James Cameron" was born here... Also, one of NASA's THEMIS (superDARN) ground based magnetometer observatories (22 total) is only about 6 miles east. GBO unit #15 Kapuskasing.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The first few times thru "Kap", when I saw the sign "Kapuskasing", in my mind the pronunciation was "ka - POOS - ka - sing", and only later was I apprised of the correct way to say it.

It IS way up there!

Come on down to Kelowna Invader, but I WON'T arm-wrestle with you...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:01 PM

Saw another Versys on the road a few weeks ago for the first time. We road together for a few miles until I made a turn. Good times.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrugger View Post
Nice! I have yet to even see another V on the road let alone meet another owner!
You may not have seen another Versys, but I may have seen you. I posted the sighting of a Green 09 riding 2 up south on Gulf blvd. a couple miles south of Clearwater about two weeks ago. If it's not you, head south some weekend and you might...
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 PM

Sometimes I feel Lima like an small town... my V with her twin sister... and there's another one blue color around here... I think that's it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0128.jpg (75.6 KB, 48 views)

it is what it is...
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 AM

George-

The pleaure was all mine.

It was a no-brainer to turn around to say hello. The challenge was trying to stay on two wheels when I realized that I was actually looking at another Versys. Seeing another V is so unusual that I didn't want to lose sight of you!

Appreciate the info that you sent to me. I am heading up to Baltimore, hopefully today, to buy some foam. Just have to do something about my seat and regrettably, I made things worse by having someone else work on it a few weeks ago. I may give you a shout if I run into trouble with the seat.

Would enjoy heading out for a spin with you some time as well - any of you other MD V riders listening??

Best,

Tim

2009 Green Versys
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Did it again. Met MikeV today. I was out his way for a motorcycle meeting, so we got together, kicked tires and went for a short ride. Mike showed me some roads that I can go back to visit when I'm out that way again for our club rally.

Thanks, Mike, it was good to meet you!

George
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 PM

It was a pleasure. But we forgot the obligatory photos of the steeds.

"Why do I ride?"

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 07:49 PM

I finally got to ride today, after the Mrs took her sister and the toddler out.

I rode from home (NW of Balto) west on 140 to Westminster and then North on 97 to Gettysburg, PA. It is so nice havng 79 degree weather.

I didn't see any of the illustrious MD Versys contingent, just a lot of HOGs.

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode