Disc Lock Question - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Disc Lock Question

I'm looking at the Xena alarmed disc locks, and just wondering if someone here can tell me how big the holes in the stock 2011 brake disc are. I'd like to get a Xena with the thickest usable pin for my bike.

edit: Found their fitment guide, but it seems sort of vague on hole sizing. Anyone using a Xena on theirs?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by goat12; 03-26-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 11:37 AM

I use a Xena XX14 on a 2010 V. It's plenty heavy. Don't forget to use something like a Yellow Livestrong band or other indicator on your throttle or somewhere to remind you the bike is locked. Bad things happen to those who forget.

Someday is not a day of the week.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:46 AM

Go ahead and get the thicker pin....the lock pin doesn't need to go through an individual hole on the disc but rather slips upward to the slotted area.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 PM

yea just get the thickest...it doesnt go through a hole but rather through the slot.

AND do make sure that you get that orange coil reminder thing, cause there is nothing like that 1 out of 1000 day where you forget its on there and tear up your front fender.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
...cause there is nothing like that 1 out of 1000 day where you forget its on there and tear up your front fender.
I don't think that's the biggie -
VERY SUDDENLY landing on your head, like I did - THAT'S THE BIGGIE!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 03-26-2012, 03:51 PM

Garage
Bought one when i first got the bike. Then switched to an alarm went with the Scorpio I-900R http://www.amazon.com/Scorpio-SR-i900R-Motorcycle-Alarm-New/dp/B0028OMBZ8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_8

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Old 03-26-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I don't think that's the biggie -
VERY SUDDENLY landing on your head, like I did - THAT'S THE BIGGIE!
How about driving a full dresser HOG with passenger one-foot forward and toppliing it, right in front of the window of the employee cafeteria.

At least I know how to pick one up quickly, with my back to the seat.

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM

That Xena lock has a helluva loud alarm. If you get on the bike without taking the lock off, you'll know it's there...I've never been concerned about having a little yellow reminder thing for the handlebar. I guess if the battery on the alarm is dead, then I would be more concerned about it, but if I'm remembering correctly from my previous bike, the alarm started acting weird (maybe intermittent low volume beeps?) when the battery was getting low, and I could change the battery before the alarm totally stopped working.

...I guess it doesn't hurt though to have that extra reminder...can't be too expensive either...I just never needed it.

I'm happy with my Xena lock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in