My Versys is a Submarine! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My Versys is a Submarine!

So I took my Versys and my wife's EX500 to get some tires changed and serviced, and that day there was a huge rainfall. I tried to get a hold of the dealership for two days with no answer, so today I went down there. It definitely looked like every bike on there showroom had water sitting above most sportbike and cruiser seats. Our bikes were out back which is actually lower, so I am pretty sure both bikes are a total loss. So I won't know what the dealer's insurance will pay until next week. The worst part is, I just bought my wife her bike a week and a half earlier, and her first chance to ride it was to the dealer to get new tires. Now I need to start shopping for a new one for me! Not really that happy about it, but that's life I guess. Here's what the store looked like while it was under water.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 457831_10150876182504488_162912064487_12696484_1223553714_o.jpg (77.5 KB, 481 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Wow. Just when you think you've seen it all. Sorry to hear about it but hopefully the dealer will get you squared away.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:39 AM

Holy . What State are you in?

Good luck with the insurance company.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

In Central Louisiana, about an hour south of Shreveport. Thinking about the 2012 Vstrom!
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Damn!!! That's almost Biblical. Is that the Motion Cycle Sport in Dallas?

Best of luck with the dealer's insurance company, and yours as well.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Damn!!! That's almost Biblical. Is that the Motion Cycle Sport in Dallas?

Best of luck with the dealer's insurance company, and yours as well.
No, it's in Deridder, LA. I hope they let me get all the hard part accessories off of it, so I can have a yard sale for you guys! And I need my Garmin mount off of it.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by white26golf View Post
In Central Louisiana, about an hour south of Shreveport. Thinking about the 2012 Vstrom!
Talk about chances of that happening in a million years...

Don't give up on the versys just yet...

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Not that I want to give up on the Versys, but I have had it for 4 years, and some of the things I was looking to add, or deficiencies, the new Vstrom has answer's for (centerstand, gear indicator, fuel efficiency meter, etc.), plus it's just as ugly, so I won't feel that I strayed too far!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
No, it's in Deridder, LA. I hope they let me get all the hard part accessories off of it, so I can have a yard sale for you guys! And I need my Garmin mount off of it.
Let me know if your windshield falls off and makes the yard sale list ! (hand guards too)

Last edited by Hoss; 03-23-2012 at 12:58 PM.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

It definitely will, It's the MRA touring one, I still have all the original parts, so if the insurance guys want to hassle me about it, I will give them the box, I also have Pazzo levers, SWM rear rack, and the Kawasaki brand hand guards. Oh yeah, and the black panels if guys want to switch out their silver ones!
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=Hoss;191476]Holy . What State are you in?
QUOTE]

I'd say he's in a state of fecking fury!
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

[quote=Englishman;191488]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Holy . What State are you in?
QUOTE]

I'd say he's in a state of fecking fury!

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:07 PM

[QUOTE=white26golf;191485] plus it's just as ugly

UGLY, after four years you can call her that, she is sitting all alone covered in water and no telling what else that might float by, now don't you fill bad...

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

[quote=s102000;191493]
Quote:
plus it's just as ugly

UGLY, after four years you can call her that, she is sitting all alone covered in water and no telling what else that might float by, now don't you fill bad...
Hey, it's a face only a father could love!
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Not that I want to give up on the Versys, but I have had it for 4 years, and some of the things I was looking to add, or deficiencies, the new Vstrom has answer's for (centerstand, gear indicator, fuel efficiency meter, etc.), plus it's just as ugly, so I won't feel that I strayed too far!
I was surprised to see there seems to be a center stand for the Versys. Someone was selling one in the classifieds. You can buy a gear indicator too.

New wee strom isn't ugly.

Wonder what the fuel economy really is. I love the range of the Versys. I go over 200 miles on just about every tank, and on a good tank I expect it could do 240-250miles. New strom supposedly is more efficient than old, but tank is smaller than old strom and Versys too.

Versys seems smaller and more nimble. Old strom felt like a beast sitting on it. New one feels smaller. But I haven't ridden either.

Curious to know the condition of your Versys.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Wow, sorry for you mate that is a bit rough.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg View Post
I was surprised to see there seems to be a center stand for the Versys. Someone was selling one in the classifieds. You can buy a gear indicator too.

New wee strom isn't ugly.

Wonder what the fuel economy really is. I love the range of the Versys. I go over 200 miles on just about every tank, and on a good tank I expect it could do 240-250miles. New strom supposedly is more efficient than old, but tank is smaller than old strom and Versys too.

Versys seems smaller and more nimble. Old strom felt like a beast sitting on it. New one feels smaller. But I haven't ridden either.

Curious to know the condition of your Versys.
Yeah, I was going to go the route of buying a gear indicator, then decided I really didn't "need" one, but having one OEM integrated is pretty nice. As for the center stand, no offense to the guy making them, but I trust SWM's R and D a lot more than his, and it just didn't look like it belonged on the V. I think the media's fuel economy was around 50 mpg, and we all know the media flogs those test bikes! I read some woman got 60 out of her test bike, so I guess a 55 mpg average isn't bad so a range of about 250-280 would be about right. Oh and the Strom lost 18 pounds this year and I think is around 2 inches shorter (don't quote me on that).
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 07:07 AM

Dang man, sorry to read this. I wonder if this will put them out of business in these hard times. If not, I would hope they relocate to higher ground. Hard not to think if you only had not needed tires when you did!

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 07:40 AM

Keep us posted on how the dealer/insurance handles things it'll be interested to see how well they take care of customers.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 12:32 PM

tough break, sorry to hear it mate. hope you both are back to riding soon.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode