OEM Luggage - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

OEM Luggage

So I uhh probably should have asked this before I bought the V with out seeing the OEM bags that came with it..

To the people that have them like them? Do they keep out water? Easy on easy off? Is there a large mount so when the bags are off it is highly visiable? Any complaints or compliments. I did do a forum search seems like allot was about after market bags etc..

thanks gang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 01:39 PM

The OEM bags are the same as the Givi V35. They are waterproof, easy on-off, and I like them. I think there are some differences with the mounting racks. I have OEM bags but Givi racks. The racks look like this with the bags off:

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=miguelito;191227]The OEM bags are the same as the Givi V35. They are waterproof, easy on-off, and I like them. I think there are some differences with the mounting racks. I have OEM bags but Givi racks. The racks look like this with the bags off:

Thanks man nice to hear.... :-) great looking bike... so with all the crazy stuff going on in mexico are you ever concerned for your safety whn on long rides? Or does the US news media over blow it? I like that trunk mount as well perhaps I will get that after market.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 02:19 PM

+1 with Miguelito. Givi V35 bags, whether sourced from Kawasaki or aftermarket, are well made, good looking, roomy and practical.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 04:17 PM

I do have the V35's, and while they work well
  • The racks only work with the V35's. If you decide you want a different bag, you need to buy new racks as well.
  • The bags are side loading. There are times that top loading or a smaller bag (e.g. E21's for small loads/convenience, V35's for larger loads) would be more convenient.
Small complaints, really. And given that shape of the V35 racks compared to the shape of the "normal" Givi racks, I'm surprised that there isn't an adapter available to convert the racks to use the other types of bags Givi offers. I would think it would be possible.

Dave C

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt37 View Post
Thanks man nice to hear.... :-) great looking bike... so with all the crazy stuff going on in mexico are you ever concerned for your safety whn on long rides? Or does the US news media over blow it? I like that trunk mount as well perhaps I will get that after market.
I'm no more concerned for my safety riding here in Mexico than I am riding anywhere in the US or Canada. I would say that the US media sensationalizes the violence here. It is real, but is largely confined to certain demographics, (if you're not in the drug trade you've got a pretty good chance of not having any issues at all), and locations, (I usually don't linger too long in the border areas, although I know plenty of people including myself who've toured there as well without problems). I don't ride at night just about anywhere if I can help it. Other than that, there is a lot of livestock on the roads down here, (cows, burros, pigs, dogs), so that adds to the "danger" factor a bit.

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 07:44 PM

Garage
The versys is the second bike I've had these V35 bags on. Had them on my Ninja 650R and moved them to the Versys. If I replace the Versys one day, the bike that replaces it will have the ability to use the V35 bags. They are side opening but I have the Givi soft luggage that go in the bags. I leave them on the bike all the time, and have the admorelighting LED lights mounted in them. Definitely a must when commuting.

Here they were on my Ninja.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 04:59 AM

With Kawasaki (V35) cases and Givi Maxia top box

2008 Kawasaki Versys 650
2007 Kawasaki Versys 650
2006 Honda CBF 600 - sold
2006 Honda Varardero XL125 - sold
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all. That all black looks real sharp. Hell they all look good. This bike will be my wife's bike till I can afford something else for myself. Love my mean streak but looking forward to something different. I will be using it as a daily commuter and for long trips with the fellas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode