My Versys sold this evening! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

My Versys sold this evening!

Montani Semper Liberi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 05:44 PM

Any details? How much you got for it? I m thiking about upgrading to a larger displacement sport tourer. I believe I can get more if I sell it than if I trade it in.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

It had 15,000 miles and I priced it for quick sale so I can finish out my Tenere. I took less than the used value guides suggested, but enough that I can live with it. Still way more than I would have gotten on a trade in.

Montani Semper Liberi

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

I'm still waiting for mine to sell. I've had a few low ballers, and one genuine offer that's a little lower than what I want, but I'm starting to think I might take it.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spklbuk View Post
It had 15,000 miles and I priced it for quick sale so I can finish out my Tenere. I took less than the used value guides suggested, but enough that I can live with it. Still way more than I would have gotten on a trade in.
So, how much would that be, exactly?

How do you like the Tenere? is it really as Super as it looks?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM

Garage
Didn't know you were selling it.....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
I'm still waiting for mine to sell. I've had a few low ballers, and one genuine offer that's a little lower than what I want, but I'm starting to think I might take it.
Bear,
Why are you selling your Versys? Find something else even better? I'm a bit surprised someone in S.A. isn't ready to jump on it for a fair price. But don't the lowballers frost you? Persistence pays rewards; hang in.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Bear,
Why are you selling your Versys? Find something else even better? I'm a bit surprised someone in S.A. isn't ready to jump on it for a fair price. But don't the lowballers frost you? Persistence pays rewards; hang in.
Well, it boils down to money. I have a financial goal, and the Versys needs to be sacrificed to help me get there. And yeah, the lowballers are annoying. One guy sent an email that simply said, "$2400 cash today." And I replied, "$4200 cash today." As far as someone jumping on it, there has been interest, so I'm hopeful. I deleted the craigslist ad. I'll make a new one and post it in about a week, with a new price.

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 03-19-2012 at 09:56 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

I priced it at $3650 so it would move quickly and took $3600. Bear's asking price is closer to what it should have been. Mine had 15,000 trouble free miles and was in good shape. I gave the buyer enough room to put a few bucks into it to see that it stays that way.

A few new Tenere farkles will take the sting out of it. Lovin' it so far. It is even more versatile that the Versys for me. And most importantly, it is spkldoe approved!

Good luck with the sale Rick. I went through the same crap and when a serious buyer/rider came along, I was very relieved.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 06:46 AM

Took me eight months to sell my '05 VTX 1300 so I could buy a Versys and then I took below what I thought it was worth, but we allways think our stuff is worth top dollar...But I'm satisfied with the price I got, actually I didn't loss anything on the sale...Main thing is just be patience...

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 08:43 AM

Everyone wants to get the most for the least amount of money. That's human nature. However low-ballers can really get you torqued up.

When I was selling my 09 Versys for $4,500.00 I had one nerd send me an email which said. " I have $2,000.00."

I replied...................Well, I'm happy for you.

Never heard anything else.

By the way, Bear on a Bicycle, I sold mine to a guy up North of Denver, Co. for full price. He even paid me $400.00 to take it up there which was fine because one of my son's lives in Denver and it was like an expenses paid vacation. That part of the country loves the Versys.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 03-20-2012 at 11:44 AM.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spklbuk View Post
I priced it at $3650 so it would move quickly and took $3600. Bear's asking price is closer to what it should have been. Mine had 15,000 trouble free miles and was in good shape. I gave the buyer enough room to put a few bucks into it to see that it stays that way.

A few new Tenere farkles will take the sting out of it. Lovin' it so far. It is even more versatile that the Versys for me. And most importantly, it is spkldoe approved!

Good luck with the sale Rick. I went through the same crap and when a serious buyer/rider came along, I was very relieved.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s102000 View Post
Took me eight months to sell my '05 VTX 1300 so I could buy a Versys and then I took below what I thought it was worth, but we allways think our stuff is worth top dollar...But I'm satisfied with the price I got, actually I didn't loss anything on the sale...Main thing is just be patience...
The best I've been offered so far is $3500. A little lower than what I really want, which is $3700. KBB values my bike at a little over $4k, so I don't think I'm priced too high. Of course, I know it's what more about what people will actually pay vs. book value. Anyway, I'm going to list it one more time and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
Everyone wants to get the most for the least amount of money. That's human nature. However low-ballers can really get you torqued up.

When I was selling my 09 Versys for $4,500.00 I had one nerd send me an email which said. " I have $2,000.00."

I replied...................Well, I'm happy for you.

Never heard anything else.

By the way, Bear on a Bicycle, I sold mine to a guy up North of Denver, Co. for full price. He even paid me $400.00 to take it up there which was fine because one of my son's lives in Denver and it was like an expenses paid vacation. That par of the country loves the Versys.
I would love to ride Colorado! Sounds like your buyer knew a good bike when he saw one! Oh, and I've had my eye on the Tiger for a LONG time... I'm envious!!

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 03-20-2012 at 11:46 AM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks!!

I would love to ride Colorado! Sounds like your buyer knew a good bike when he saw one!

Yeah, he already had two of them so he knew what he was getting. He was into modifying his other Versys for more off road so this one was his "road bike".

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 05:46 PM

Say it ain't so............

'15 DL1000
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnor View Post
Say it ain't so............
Sad but true and I miss her already. Hell I missed her when she was only 3 miles away at the local indy consignment shop...now she is in an enclosed trailer bound for Montana...

Compiling a farkle list of electrical connector doodads for my Super Tenere is helping me cope!

Montani Semper Liberi
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
the lowballers are annoying. One guy sent an email that simply said, "$2400 cash today."
I'm always amused when people try to negotiate by saying they have CASH...as if the transaction would be for something else.

2009 GREEN Versys
2006 Yellow Pearl H-D VRSCR Street Rod
2010 Scarlet Red H-D FXDF Fat Bob

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode