Removed Passenger Grab Handles - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Removed Passenger Grab Handles

With the messed up knee its harder to get my leg over the bike. sometimes after a ride the knee stiffens up and my foot is stuck at the grab handle and i have to grab my pant leg and pull my foot over. So today took off the grab handles and really like how the bike looks without them. Only time i ever used them is when i need to pull the ass end of the bike around.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-15-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 07:22 PM

Let's see!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Heres a few quick ones from in the garage. I'll take it out tomorrow and get some better shots.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 07:43 PM

Me too

That's funny, I just took off my grab handles to add my Motocentric sport luggage. ( Saddle bags and tail bag)

I looked at it for a while, without the grab handles, and thought it looked sleeker. If that's a word. But, my new luggage wouldn't fit right without removing them.

Either way, the bike does have a different look. I like it

Current rides:
2011 Versys
1995 CR 250 (Sold)
2005 Honda Recon(Sold)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 08:38 PM

Looks neat indeed. Not to mention the horsepower increase!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:23 PM

You can always use the top box rack to pull the ass of the bike if needed

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daMax View Post
You can always use the top box rack to pull the ass of the bike if needed
Oh yea ..Have used it in the past..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM

Have you considered lowering your bike? This would help.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
Have you considered lowering your bike? This would help.
Have thought about it.But once the knee is healed up i'll be fine.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:50 PM

If I can recover from brain surgery you should have no problem healing up a knee, have a speedy recovery!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
...after a ride the knee stiffens up and my foot is stuck at the grab handle
So you carry around a milk crate and use it for a stool. Just tie it to your grab rails--uh, nevermind.

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Joseph - Till the knee heals you can always mount up from the right side while on the sidestand: right foot on right 'peg AND and on the brake, then swing UP and OVER with your left hand going to and holding ON the front brake.

At first you feel that it might come over to the right, but transferring your weight left as your hand goes to the front brake fixes that. I used this to mount up a fully-loaded KLR (tent, etc).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Hey Joseph - Till the knee heals you can always mount up from the right side while on the sidestand: right foot on right 'peg AND and on the brake, then swing UP and OVER with your left hand going to and holding ON the front brake.

At first you feel that it might come over to the right, but transferring your weight left as your hand goes to the front brake fixes that. I used this to mount up a fully-loaded KLR (tent, etc).
Have done that when i first got the bike. But where the kickstand bolt connects it bent doing that I had it bent back but it slowly bent back again thats why my bike leans so much while on the kickstand...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 PM
MTS

Hope your knee heals up fast Joseph! I had a knee injury last year from playing Hockey! I could only ride for about two hours. Try that liquid joint stuff it helped me!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Hope your knee heals up fast Joseph! I had a knee injury last year from playing Hockey! I could only ride for about two hours. Try that liquid joint stuff it helped me!
Its the injury from the 11/27/2011 accident. Theres a couple of fractures just below the knee. Its getting better the constant pain has finally stopped. The knee is weak and can't get it straight yet.Started thearpy this week on the knee and wrist and can tell a difference already. Lucked out my thearpist is smoking hot.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode