Another Windshield Question - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Another Windshield Question

We put a Givi windshield on my wife's new (012) Versys, and I like it....

I have a 7Juric 17" one on my 09, and it's a barn door...Anyone have a side view pic of the Givi, on a 08-09, and if you have one how do you like it ?

Anybody have the powerbronze flip side view ? And how do you like it ? (i've already looked at the windshield thread)...

The 7juric in ok for cold weather, but not in the summer IMO

Thanks

'15 DL1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnor View Post
We put a Givi windshield on my wife's new (012) Versys, and I like it....

I have a 7Juric 17" one on my 09, and it's a barn door...Anyone have a side view pic of the Givi, on a 08-09, and if you have one how do you like it ?

Anybody have the powerbronze flip side view ? And how do you like it ? (i've already looked at the windshield thread)...

The 7juric in ok for cold weather, but not in the summer IMO

Thanks

Put a Givi on right after i got my bike.Then did the givi/stock windscreen set up. Then after busting that up in a wreck i went with the Tall Parabellum. Like it but i liked the givi set-up better.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 01:42 PM

Garage
Heres the Givi/Stock Set-Up....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 PM

Here's the PowerBronze flip screen.

But I've just switched back to the standard screen.
I'm 5'11" and wearing an Arai TourX, it introduced just too much vibration through the peak. It was fine up to around 60mph, but above that, I had slightly blurred vision. I did try it with a normal full face helmet and it was much better, so it's down to the TourX. I really prefer wear the TourX, so the stock screen is it for now.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 PM

Davy, noticed that your screen is mounted to the 'lowest' position. Have you tried raising it up higher?

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 03:02 AM

Yes, high and low, it just didn't smooth away the peak vibration.

It's a pity that we end up spending quite a bit of £££ to find the perfect screen for our needs/height etc. I've a work mate who has a Versys with the (Kawasaki) vario screen and I'l either get a run on his bike or try it on my own to see how that works out. He also has had to go through a few screens so far, but it may be the case of never actually finding 'the one'.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 09:39 AM

I used a Givi on my '09 V for a cross-country ride last year. It is a significant improvement over the small stock windscreen...but I got really beat up in heavy wind going across South Dakota. When I got back I added a Laminar Lip which greatly improved the Givi's performance. http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...LaminarLip.jpg

2009 GREEN Versys
2006 Yellow Pearl H-D VRSCR Street Rod
2010 Scarlet Red H-D FXDF Fat Bob

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment.

Last edited by CharlestonADV; 03-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 PM

Where are you guys getting the shields from, I have the Kawi tall screen, but for longer interstate travel would like more protection. Interested in the Givi or adding the laminar to my tall kawi screen. I am 6 ft tall. Who is best supplier of aftermarket shield?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigm View Post
...Who is best supplier of aftermarket shield?
On my last Versys I had the largest CalSci windshield.

days: http://www.tontodonato.com/images/Lo...gTN/Calsci.jpg

On my current Versys, I have the Parabellum windshield and Madstad brackets (not in this pic)

days: http://www.tontodonato.com/images/Versys/Screen_640.jpg

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
Here's the PowerBronze flip screen.

But I've just switched back to the standard screen.
I'm 5'11" and wearing an Arai TourX, it introduced just too much vibration through the peak. It was fine up to around 60mph, but above that, I had slightly blurred vision. I did try it with a normal full face helmet and it was much better, so it's down to the TourX. I really prefer wear the TourX, so the stock screen is it for now.

I was wondering where I can buy this windshield? Thanks! I really like the look of it. I want to get a better one than stock for my new 12 V and was really looking at the Givi offering. I like the look of the PowerBronze better.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Blipco started a thread a few years ago about modding the windshield from a Yamaha scooter, the Majesty. Following his lead I've bought and modded two of them, for each of my Vs. Here are some pics.

The first pic shows the windshield after I cut various pieces off it, but put together to show what I did, and sort-of what it used to look like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cut-off pieces.jpg (25.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg frnt view1.jpg (50.0 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg lt side view.jpg (39.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg rear nut detail.jpg (38.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg rear view.jpg (50.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg rt side view.jpg (41.5 KB, 98 views)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode