1st ride this year, winter mods etc opinions - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

1st ride this year, winter mods etc opinions

Beautiful day here and out for the first ride of the year. The roads were mostly dry and apart from the minor roads that the farmers have covered with crap, I enjoyed being back out on the Versys. So I thought I'll give a few thoughts on all the mods and stuff I've done over the winter.

Tyres : Bridgestone 023's.

Brilliant : Even tho' I was taking it easy running them in, the difference I can feel is nothing short of amazing. Truly, the stock Dunlops are terrible tyres and I wish I'd just junked them after buying the V last year. Loads of feedback and they seem to have magically improved the suspension. Maybe I'm imagining this, but the bike feels soooo planted now.

Powerbronze flip screen :

Only had her up to 70 so far, but it's an improvement over the stock screen. I wear an Arai TourX and I think there has been a definite lessening in buffeting. Certainty, at lower speeds (40 to 60), it's very nice to sit behind. Further, and faster tests will be carried out during the year.

KTM SMT handguards :

Again, brilliant. Really takes the wind blast away with no adverse handling reactions or vibrations noticed.

Keis heated grips :

Why bikes come without heated grips as standard is a mystery to me. They are thicker that the oe rubber grips, but the comfort they afford is worth every penny spent on them. There are better grips out there than these ones I've fitted, but they were as cheap as chips and do the job nicely.

I also put the stock rear sprocket back on and the bike has regained the initial snappy acceleration that many love. I think I'll keep it on and revert back to the SuperSprox 44t rear for touring duties.

All in all, everything has been worthwhile and it's great getting back in the saddle again. Roll on the summer.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Garage
Great looking bike - I too have added heated grips over winter, but am yet to test them.

The screen looks interesting. Is there any contact with the hand guards?

Cheers

BigAussie

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
Great looking bike.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
The screen looks interesting. Is there any contact with the hand guards?
No, no touching at all.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
I love the look of your bike, have those BT023's on both my bikes and they are a great tyre and i to feel very secure pushing them on a acute angle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode