Finally got to see the 2012 in person. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally got to see the 2012 in person.

I like it. It is more of an orange yellow color, and it looks real nice.

The dealer also had a Yamaha Tenere' in stock. I didn't sit on it but it was a nice looking bike. I like how they did the spokes and tubeless rims. Better than having to rely on rubber bushings to keep the air from leaking out.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 09:50 PM

Agree on the yellow, it is a really nice color. When placed under the sun, the metallic particles is revealed, making the color even a nicer one.

The Super Ten, one of my dream bike, but the price is way out of anything logical in my country. Haven't seen any one riding this bike yet, only seen it twice in the a couple of dealers.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 PM

I saw it at the Chicago motorcycle show. I too think it looks MUCH better live than in thepics I have seen. All the pics I was unsure. Live it is striking and very cool!

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:

on two wheels:

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 11:54 PM

i just picked mine up today from dealer in norfolk, va.. solar yellow and i must say i am impressed with this bike . maybe its from riding a KLR but this bike is perfect to me.

the man who dies with the most toys, Wins!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
i just picked mine up today from dealer in norfolk, va.. solar yellow and i must say i am impressed with this bike . maybe its from riding a KLR but this bike is perfect to me.
close to perfect for sure.

Nice that there are a lot of Kawasaki Genuine Accessories as well as aftermarket support for these bikes to make them perfect for what you want to do with them.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 AM

JT Motorsports here in frederick, MD has a 2011 and 2012 sitting on the floor. the 2012 is in all black and I must say it looks pretty good with the flat black panels where my bits are silver.

"Why do I ride?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode