NOT HAPPY!!!!!! (mini rant) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
NOT HAPPY!!!!!! (mini rant)

<RANT> Very disappointed - brand new April 2011 Kawasaki Versys, has been into be fixed twice now. Going at 80 when the bike cuts out is a scary thing... second time about 8 months later I was on the motorway (M6) doing 80 surrounded by Lorries when it decided to die on me (brown pants moment). The best bit is the "Free" breakdown (Kawasaki breakdown= RAC) took me home as it was late at night, I phoned up the breakdown/RAC a couple of days later to get my bike moved to the dealer as it wouldn’t start and they said it was £180 to get my bike taken to the dealership as it was a second tow under one breakdown!!!! What is the point of free breakdown if it doesn’t get your bike to the dealer????? The dealer Corby Kawasaki charged me £50 which although cheap is still not what I would expect with a bike under warranty. While it was at the dealer I asked for them to look at the mileage trip which I forgot to test when I picked it – I got home and what the hell… still not working!!!!
Also when I dropped of the bike the exhausts didn’t have a spot of rust on them as I am very funny about keeping it clean… yes the bike was dirt as hell as I had driven it back from Liverpool when they picked it up but now they are rusty as hell in a little over a week and more… also I now have an annoying buzz from the front of the bike which I am being told is my screen!!!!! </RANT>
I love my bike but I don’t think I will ever buy a Kawasaki again!!!!!!

Passed test 8th March 2011 - Picked up my spanky new (09 version) on the 10th March and have not stopped smiling since...

Black 11 plate - GIVI Rack + Top Box, Givi tall screen, hugger, radiator grill

Two major breakdown to date (brown pants moments)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Forgot to add... the first time it was fine when it got to the dealer - they said i was bad fuel (Silverstone Kawi) who charged my to empty my tank and put new fuel in of £20 - second time when it got to Corby Kawasaki they couldn’t start the bike (thank god) after they messed with the bike it worked, they replaced the wiring loom but no guarantees that it is fixed.

I just feel very let down...

Passed test 8th March 2011 - Picked up my spanky new (09 version) on the 10th March and have not stopped smiling since...

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 09:36 AM

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I've owned several metrics with very little problems, don't be to disappointed...

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 AM

Not good at all. Sounds like a lemon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 10:57 AM

Vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartinuk View Post
<RANT> Very disappointed - … also I now have an annoying buzz from the front of the bike which I am being told is my screen!!!!! </RANT>
I love my bike but I don’t think I will ever buy a Kawasaki again!!!!!!
I can't solve your engine problems but, I think many of us have the annoying buzz at the front. You need to remove the windshield and cowlings and then take off the cover over the speedo and headlight and put some foam insulation between those plastic parts to pad them a bit. That should take care of your vibration problem.

2009 Kw Versys: Green!

Barkbusters, Chrome helmet locks, GPS mount, Pyramid Fender Extender, LED accessory lights,
JT 42T rear sprocket, Givi V35 PLX sidecases, Coocase V36 Topcase, SW-Motech mirror wideners, Superbike GX mirrors, MRA VarioTouringScreen, ROX Anti-vibe Risers, T-Rex sliders, SW Motech engine guards, Motowerks Lowering Link
DNLP D616 120/70ZR17 front
DNLP D616 180/55ZR17 rear

The rest is
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't_Stop View Post
I can't solve your engine problems but, I think many of us have the annoying buzz at the front. You need to remove the windshield and cowlings and then take off the cover over the speedo and headlight and put some foam insulation between those plastic parts to pad them a bit. That should take care of your vibration problem.
Make sure your clutch cable is not resting on any part of the panel. The cable was mostly to blame for the buzz on my bike. I'm sure you notice the left mirror vibrating too.
I used tie wraps to isolate the cable coming up and out of the panel area. In most cases the cable needs to be rerouted anyway.
Hope you have better luck with your Versys.
Donn
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 01:38 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to call it a lemon, at least he gets free towing where he is at, only new bike I ever purchased that came with towing the first year was Honda.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Ok, quick update- now at 12k in just over a year...

Few touches of rust and the trip button now doesn't work.

But happy.

S

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 04:57 PM
MTS

Did they say what they found, why the bike just came to a dead stop?
And why didn't they fix the trip meter? I don't understand?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 01:47 PM

Bad gas. BS. I had a Yamaha dealer pull that on me. Unless you're making your gasoline from scratch in your shed, you bought it from a much larger supply. So if bad gas was capable of stopping an engine, there would be hundreds of others broke down by the side of the road that bought gas from that same place. Or are you telling me that this engine is so sensitive that it is the canary in the coal mine that it chokes on gas that every other engine seems to be able to handle perfectly fine?

Bad gas is the excuse of bad mechanics. Anyone who tells me that my problem is due to bad gas loses my business forever. Because it means you don't know what the real cause is, you're afraid to admit it and you have so little respect for me that you think I'll believe your made up excuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
breakdown, corby, fault, rac, versys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode