How'd I do price-wise? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How'd I do price-wise?

I bought my new 2011 Versys last weekend. After offering a base of $6500 and a bit of haggling (+NY Sales tax and all the other goodies) I walked out with the bike for $8100. How's this sound to you guys? Super stoked on the bike regardless- just wondering how you think I faired...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 PM

A little high considering most dealers sales are down and they are willing to deal.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 04:02 PM

I got my 0-mile 2011 in December for $7600 out the door. It had been on the floor for at least 6 months, so they weren't too unhappy to get rid of it for below MSRP.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 04:24 PM

My (unsolicited) advice: never ask how good a deal you got. You own it now, and I guarantee that someone somewhere got a better deal (not based on this specific example - buy anything at any price and someone will beat you). Just enjoy the new ride!

Cheers, Jeff

Cheers, Jeff
--------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

2010 Versys
SW-Motech crash bars & bash plate
SW-Motech quick lock rear rack
Two seahorse 720 cases / panniers
Givi wind screen
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff S View Post
My (unsolicited) advice: never ask how good a deal you got. You own it now, and I guarantee that someone somewhere got a better deal (not based on this specific example - buy anything at any price and someone will beat you). Just enjoy the new ride!

Cheers, Jeff
+1

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM

Not bad for a new one after tax and such. Enjoy the new ride!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Cheers, Jeff
Yep. When I bought mine 2 years ago, I paid a price that I was comfortable paying. Could I have done better? Maybe. Could I have done worse? Maybe. But either way, I left the dealership with the bike I wanted at a price I was content with.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
$1600 in taxes and fees! Wow!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 PM

Your price of 6,500 is a good price. Congrats an enjoy!

The OTD of anyone else is meaningless because their taxes might be $200 while you are stuck paying stupid rates in NY like us here in IL!!!!

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:

on two wheels:
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 05:51 PM

BTW, any cool goodies yet?

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:

on two wheels:
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 09:10 PM

If you're ok with the price, that's all that matters. Enjoy your new bike.

Where abouts in NY did you buy?

Mark Jags
[[/FONT]

09 Blue V
03 H-D Sportster - 50K miles and counting...
08 Bonneville - wife's bike

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 10:34 PM
MTS

You got a great deal! I have a 2010 and it is an awesome bike. No vibration smooth power! You will love it! I take mine on dirt and gravel all the time!

When asking about price some of the fellow riders might get a little out of line. I remember one thread the price guys got the bike keep comin down and finally one guy said " I got mine for $4,300.00 new 0 miles"
So this other member said BS, Send me the invoice and I'm buy you something I cann't remember what it was.
Then the guy says oh I forgot I traded a bike in on it! Ha!ha! What ever BS man! lol Just sayin!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:

Cheers, Jeff
+1
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 AM

Welcome and Congratulations, 'Goat12'.
Dam fine machine you got your self there.
Get ready for a perpetually sore face ...from all the smiling you'll be doing.
and just remember this....in the end...if your happy with the price you paid then you paid a good price.
(and for the record; your not to far off from what I paid for mine and my "V" is worth every penny so...ride baby ride!!!!)

Welcome to the forum of all forums.
Ride safe.
Carl

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING

Last edited by stagehand38; 02-07-2012 at 08:09 AM.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
I have TWO - an '08 I bought for "FULL POP" - $7500 OTD in September '08, which is titled here in AZ - and an '09 I bought in November 2010 - $4859 OTD (PLUS cost to import it into Canada where it's titled in BC). I LOVE these two bikes (31,000 miles on the '08, about 6,500 on the '09), and figure BOTH prices were friggin FANTASTIC!

So - I agree with Weljo and the others - you got a good deal. ENJOY it!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Thank for the replies. I wasn't aware I'd broached such a sensitive topic! I was merely trying to figure out how I may have done/if I was in the ballpark. Regardless, like I said, I love the bike. Coming from a Suzi Z400SM this thing is like a Bentley! Adding a pelican topcase from twisted throttle (If they EVER get their sh** together and send me the hardware they failed to include from the kit (total p.i.t.a. so far). I bought the bike from King Cycles in Brooklyn. I actually went in for the 2012 VStrom, but LUCKILY they'd sold the only one, lest I may never have looked at the Versys! I'm SO glad I did. So much so that I called my dealer to thank the salesman for pointing me towards her!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 PM

I'd say you got ripped off, even by New York standards. I heard about a couple guys who bought a whole darn island for beads and trinkets a few years back!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 08:54 PM

It's still a good price anywhere in Canada or the US. I paid US$12700 for mine.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 04:53 PM

Questions about price should end immediately after you own it. Some people paid less and others probably paid more...but they aren't talking.

IMO, the V delivers a unique combination of attributes that very few motorcycles offer...at a very reasonable price. Ride it and enjoy it!

2009 GREEN Versys
2006 Yellow Pearl H-D VRSCR Street Rod
2010 Scarlet Red H-D FXDF Fat Bob

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 03:40 AM

I doubt I could have found a better price on an unused bike here in the northeast: brand new leftover '09 with the Kawi/Givi V35 bags/rack, $5500 ($6130 OTD) in Jan 2012. The racks/bags is around $1k value, and Kawi was still offering the $800 rebate, so I feel like I stole this bike. I paid almost as much in 2009 for my 1999 (10 years old at the time, with 28k miles!) Honda VFR, and I wasn't too upset about that.

I'm gonna continue to ride the Versys like I stole it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode