Aftermarket Exhaust Questions, HELP! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Aftermarket Exhaust Questions, HELP!

Hey guys, i just ordered me a nice Vance and Hines Slip on. I wasn't expecting it for a couple weeks but a quick check of an email and a tracking number and its sposed to be here tomorrow. So i have a couple of questions:

1- Backfiring, I've heard adding an exhaust with no cat results in backfiring, i also heard that this is fixable by plugging a intake line, any truth to that, i really do not enjoy backfiring (big thumper motocross bikes does it all the time if it isn't warmed up properly) but i'd also rather not have to drop another couple hundred bucks on a PC if i can avoid it...

2- I've heard resetting the ECU can also fix the problem and alot of people recommend it when you replace the OEM exhaust, thoughts?

3- Is tossing a K&N and a PC on it worth the $$ or should i not bother and enjoy the pipe by itself, TBH i didn't really buy an exhaust for supposed power gains, more so it doesnt sound like a 90s leaf blower and low rpms.

4-anybody know a good attourney? I work 3rd shift in the middle of a town and on breaks i go for "enthusiastic" rides, guess i'll have to run idle til i get out of town from now on or switch shifts eh?

Looking forward to the CS ONE arriving tomorrow... might tear the old one off tonight (was planning on taking the bike tonight though considering the low is only sposed to be 28F

Thanks guys and Pics will be here soon as the package comes i promise

Bikes:
65cc Benelli Dynamo
Yamaha ttr-125
Kawasaki KX-125
Yamaha Yz426-f (current)
2010 Kawasaki Versys! (very current and loving it!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 AM

Garage
I put a Yoshi and a BMC airfilter (they don't make a K&N for the Versys but the BMC is identical to a K&N. I put the exhaust on first a few pops on decel at first but then it only slightly popped very seldom. Then put on the BMC when i changed my plugs and i can't remember the last time i heard a pop.Got the BMC filter from Riders Discount way cheaper than anyone else with free shipping.Call them for the Forum Member Discount. When you get the filter the instructions will tell you to get Loctite #406 to apply the gasket material "very simple" you just need the smallest tube available. I bought a larger bottle to be safe.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-02-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode