BansheeHorn - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

BansheeHorn

I saw this posted up at another forum, it looks pretty attention-grabbing. This is the Kickstarter site (gotta love that!) that they used to raise funding, it has a demonstration video.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...cycles-cars-an

The project is finished now and you can buy the set-up at the new website. And still for the intro price!
http://bansheehorn.com/products

What the Banshee gives you is a normal horn for quick beeps, a REALLY LOUD horn with headlight modulation, and a selectable delay between the two. I looked at the cost of a Stebel horn and wiring kit on another site and the setup would cost more than the Banshee. Just to clarify, the included air horn is not a Stebel.
If you already have a Stebel (or other) air horn you can just buy the electronics package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 02:05 PM

Checked it out and placed an order! In my other thread, some other members were suggesting that I get an upgraded horn after my recent close-call. I think this fits the bill! As you said, it is not a Stebel, but looks the same and they say that they believe it is of a higher quality.

I'll let you know how it goes!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 02:24 PM

Only downside I see about this setup is that you cannot have the full-on blast instantly, only after the delay while you're pressing the horn button. The stock horn is so pitiful and a Stebel or similar air horn so LOUD I don't understand why you'd want the loud horn only after a time delay. I'd rather have the air horn work from the moment the horn button is pushed and the flashing lights come on after the time delay. The stock horn just needs to go away. My $.02

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 02:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Only downside I see about this setup is that you cannot have the full-on blast instantly, only after the delay while you're pressing the horn button. The stock horn is so pitiful and a Stebel or similar air horn so LOUD I don't understand why you'd want the loud horn only after a time delay. I'd rather have the air horn work from the moment the horn button is pushed and the flashing lights come on after the time delay. The stock horn just needs to go away. My $.02

+1 Threw my stock horn away after putting on the Stebel. If i trade or sell the bike the stebel goes with it. Kinda like a gift for the next guy....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Hey Sykes, I ordered one as well!

I've thought about adding a mega-horn to my bike for a long time, but it seemed that most times a quick beep was what I wanted. In an emergency I've always felt that avoiding the car is better than trying to get the driver's attention.
But sometimes you do want something that will penetrate the fog, maybe even of the guys you were supposed to be riding with! How many times have you watched guys blow by the stop/rendezvous?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode