A new(er) video of the V-1000 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

A new(er) video of the V-1000

http://ashonbikes.com/content/kawasa...ys-1000-review.

I can't seem to copy and paste so the link will have to do...a little help!

Anyway; seems our new big brother is nearly perfect. read the accompanying article...pretty well written IMHO.

I must admit I have been staring at the Triumph Tiger 1050 (the original) a lot lately. Just wondering what kind of trouble I could get into with that!
Then the weather breaks for several hours and I steal a ride on my '09'.
I fall in love again...and curse the winter...lol

So check out this new video of the '1000' at the link...for my money it made me forget all about the Tiger. (I wonder if I could get two bikes in the garage???) (OH! and make mine the mocha-brown metallic with the matching wheels...SHARP! )

But as for my "V"...I think I'll keep her forever.
Hurry Springtime!

Peace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kawasaki_Versys1000_34.jpg (101.8 KB, 91 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING

Last edited by stagehand38; 01-18-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the video link. I just watched the video, will have to read the review after work.

If Kawi can keep their asking price in check I think it will do very well here in the states.....if/when that happens. I, too, have been caught gazing at the Triumph. I got to demo the 2nd gen. 1050 Tiger a few years back and liked how comfortable it was.

The only thing that I dislike about the Versys 1000 (other than the fact that it doesn't come in go-fast green) is the exhaust! There are several liter bikes out there that have their exhaust tucked under the motor. Why couldn't Kawi do the same with the 1000 as they did with our beloved 650? The tucked exhaust is one of the top 5 things I like about my bike.

~ Wes

"Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow" ~ Red Green

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 12:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MntVersys View Post
Thanks for the video link. I just watched the video, will have to read the review after work.

If Kawi can keep their asking price in check I think it will do very well here in the states.....if/when that happens. I, too, have been caught gazing at the Triumph. I got to demo the 2nd gen. 1050 Tiger a few years back and liked how comfortable it was.

The only thing that I dislike about the Versys 1000 (other than the fact that it doesn't come in go-fast green) is the exhaust! There are several liter bikes out there that have their exhaust tucked under the motor. Why couldn't Kawi do the same with the 1000 as they did with our beloved 650? The tucked exhaust is one of the top 5 things I like about my bike.

~ Wes

I'm with you on the exhaust. When i take my bike in for work here in Cali the shop has a dyno and they work on alot of race / high performance machines. If i get the V1000 i'll be addressing the pipe issue first off.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 12:09 PM

I think this is also linked on the (now very large) other V1000 thread.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 01:49 PM

Thanks for the link. Interesting... but I'll stick with my '08. I enjoy diversity in bikes and the three that I have now are as different as they could possibly be (considering I've never had a desire for a crotch-rocket). And I enjoy them all for what they are. I can't see just getting a larger version of the same bike. That's me; others may think differently.

Bama Dan

Current Stable:
'08 Versys
'09 Piaggio BV250
'04 Harley Ultra Classic w/ Bushtec trailer
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
If i get the V1000 i'll be addressing the pipe issue first off.
Just as i thought the mods begin before the poor bike has a chance to enjoy the fresh air
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 03:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Just as i thought the mods begin before the poor bike has a chance to enjoy the fresh air

Well hopefully before the bike reaches the states someone will have a solution.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 03:44 PM

The pipes are a shame, but I want the rear rack / grab handles on my 650...

Cheers, Jeff
--------------------------------

|
|

2010 Versys
SW-Motech crash bars & bash plate
SW-Motech quick lock rear rack
Two seahorse 720 cases / panniers
Givi wind screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode