ANOTHER Canada-bound bike - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
ANOTHER Canada-bound bike

Just read that Honda will introduce a couple of models in Canada, but NOT into the US.

Here's a link:
http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/13880/

(Guess it REALLY doesn't matter - they're Hondas...!)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Just read that Honda will introduce a couple of models in Canada, but NOT into the US.

Here's a link:
http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/13880/

(Guess it REALLY doesn't matter - they're Hondas...!)
Looks like maybe a naked version of this bike, the NT700V... We really missed the boat on this bike. Very nice mid-size tourer with pass-through bags. Honda had a fire-sale on these a while back for something like $7400... Sure wish I would have known more about them then... I would love to see that come to the US ...

http://www.smartcycleshopper.com/mot...m-test-review/

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The NC700SA/XA looked interesting until I saw 47 hp @ 6250 rpm and 60 Nm (44 ft-lbs) @ 4750 rpm, with a 6500 rpm redline... "It’s odd, and a typical motorcyclist — which was me for the first 15 minutes aboard the X — will be banging hard against that rather abrupt rev limiter."

It has a 270 degree crankshaft which makes it sound like a V-twin.
NC700XA has a curb weight of 480 lbs.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2011/12...honda-nc700-x/

http://motorcycle.honda.ca/sport/nc700xa

Last edited by invader; 01-01-2012 at 10:54 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
The NC700SA/XA looked interesting until I saw 47 hp @ 6250 rpm and 60 Nm (44 ft-lbs) @ 4750 rpm, with a 6500 rpm redline... "Itís odd, and a typical motorcyclist ó which was me for the first 15 minutes aboard the X ó will be banging hard against that rather abrupt rev limiter."

It has a 270 degree crankshaft which makes it sound like a V-twin.
NC700XA has a curb weight of 480 lbs.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2011/12...honda-nc700-x/

http://motorcycle.honda.ca/sport/nc700xa
Not saying this is the case here, but.... If you look at Honda traditionally, they are always about usable power, and feel of power. If you look at every ATV they make, they are waaaay down on power compared to the competition. (except for the 450R and 250R which are purpose built racers) But, you can give them one thing, they are conservative, run forever, unstressed engines, and are about the FEEL of the power... They could have had a very strong engine in the VTX1300... Just about 58-60 HP BUT almost 80 lb ft of torque off-idle ... (Yamaha's 1300 does almost 70HP, and 70TQ, but later on.) But what do they do, single carb, low torque delivery, double counterbalancers, shaft drive, and I see them all the time with well over 100,000 miles on them, and some with over 200,000 ... The build value and longevity... Not horsepower typically ... FWIW

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Went for a 200 mile ride the other day with a fellow riding one of these Hondas.
We swapped for about 15 miles. Smooth, good wind protection, LOW 8500 rpm red line, VERY little leg-room. Nice, but...?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010_Honda_NT700V_LT1_01.jpg (40.4 KB, 52 views)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 03:25 PM

Garage
I've been a fan of the NT700 for a few years. I really like the size, built in cases (with the funky pass through) and the great front fairing/screen. For me it seemed near perfect, EXCEPT, it was not sold in Canada. I think because we have the goofy Honda DN-01.

With the NC700SA/XA coming to Canada I think the goofy DN-01 will disappear. Honda Canada currently offers that MSRP $17,622 bike for just $9,899. That says a lot.

I'm really liking the NC700. That storage bin behind the fuel tank is a pretty neat trick and its the same size as the 26L Givi box I carry on a tail rack! Here's some pics.

Always trust your cape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode