I have a rant PLEASE! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

I have a rant PLEASE!

So, I have a rant. People, PLEASE! When you put something up for sale, give a guy some time to respond. Again I was the first to respond on a product and not given in my opinion appropriate time to respond and the item was sold out from under me. THIS SUCK's! I don't sit on the computer checking it all day and night every five minutes. At work I can not go on this site due to working in a secure area, I have to wait till I get home to surf the net. So if you need the cash ASAP as in this case, STATE IT IN YOUR ADD!
I must say all of the purchases I've made on this site have been pleasant, great deals and I thank you.

So if you want good karma give a guy chance.

Donn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 10:05 AM

Hey Donn,
Point well taken and I feel your pain and I...am taking notes.
So if I find myself selling something here I WILL make sure who ever responds first etc....will be given a day or two to make it happen or at the very least get beyond the web to real person to person voice communication.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010734.JPG (40.9 KB, 28 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Rik

Agreed. It's not difficult to tell who responded first. I've lucked out with purchases on solid used gear here by either being first in line or winning by default (third or fourth in line)... If a PM is sent by the "first" buyer, the seller should give the "first" buyer a reasonable amount of time to respond. "It's the right thing to do"....I mean with the number of "Versys-heads" on this site whatever doo-dad or part you're selling is going to go pretty quick anyhooo....just my opinion.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 10:41 AM

Garage
I sell & buy alot of stuff here on the forum so i see both sides of this issue. If its something i want for sure not just dibs on it. I send my paypal info with my first PM to the seller so they can get me an invoice. that way they know thier getting paid and won't have a problem waiting a day or so if needed. I've had guys tell me they want it for sure then want to low ball or just string you along asking more and more questions then never buying it. So like my Mother use to say "Money Talks & Bull**** Walks.So with me the first person to pay gets it. BTW if those gloves would have been XL i would have beat all of you as i spotted them right after they were posted.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 12-23-2011 at 11:00 AM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 03:13 PM

Donn,

If you are talking about the gloves, I see both sides. Looks like you called dibs, but didn't respond for almost 24 hours. Do you really work for 24 hours straight? It should be a priority to make the payment ASAP so the seller can move along. JChristian tried to make contact with you 6 minutes after you called dibs but never heard from you 19 hours later. For this reason, I can't fault JChristian.

In all of my dealings via forums, usually the people who offer immediate payment get the goods. Weljo worded it differently but he was right on. I might add that all of my dealings both selling and buying have worked out well for both parties but I am also proactive like Weljo describes. When I want it, I bend over backward to pay up ASAP. That way I know I got it.

I make every effort to contact the seller immediately and offer payment as Weljo has suggested. I would never call dibs and wait a day to seal the deal with payment. That is closer to Ebay thinking... Slow pay.

I understand work gets involved. Maybe you could have posted in your "dibs" reply that you will be off the grid for X amount of hours and to hold them for you until a certain time. Had you posted that publicly, JChristian would have come across in a much worse light had he then sold them out from under you.

Again, I see both sides. More public communication about the deal is better for all involved. That keeps everyone who is interested in the item in the know! Be honest if it is going to be a day or two to pay. Keep all the payment info & shipping addresses info private.

Cheers!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Well Capn Kirk seems people want things to happen a little too quickly for me, I post I would take em and was done on the computer, came back the next day like you said within 24 hours to see If I could send the money and no, he sold them. Personally I would never do that to someone here or anywhere else, Just not the respectable thing to do in my opinion. Again, if you need the money ASAP let it be known, or if its for sale to the highest bidder, say it in your add. Because when this happens, it sure make s me wonder what the seller is really doing here. Who's in such a hurry to get $35 bucks and than have to go to the trouble of shipping and pay for the shipping? Just doesn't add up.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 05:02 PM

I have a rant as well....From a sellers standpoint,if you tell someone you want something,either take it or let them know within a reasonable time if you change your mind.........I had some handguards for sale a couple of weeks ago....A member here said they wanted them.....I turned down 4 other people waiting on a response from the first dibber,only to recieve a message 6 days later that they had changed their mind....Luckily,the 2nd dibber didn't change his mind....Have the respect to either s$#t or get off the pot!!!!!
Hoodlum
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Rik

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum View Post
I have a rant as well....From a sellers standpoint,if you tell someone you want something,either take it or let them know within a reasonable time if you change your mind.........I had some handguards for sale a couple of weeks ago....A member here said they wanted them.....I turned down 4 other people waiting on a response from the first dibber,only to recieve a message 6 days later that they had changed their mind....Luckily,the 2nd dibber didn't change his mind....Have the respect to either s$#t or get off the pot!!!!!
Hoodlum
Yes, I would have purchased these handguards had I been the "first in line" guy. I assumed after a while they were gone and found something else. I sent a PM with payment request right away....but unfortunately I was not quick enough. I chalk it up to "you win some you lose some" I've had some real pleasant transactions on this forum (chucks supports, a Jardine exhaust to name a few) and hope to have many more. Perhaps a basic rule of etiquette is in order here? just my opinion
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 05:33 PM

If you really want something, make a point to do what's needed to get it. Like pay for it. Or at least tell the seller you really want it but need your questions answered first. And if you need questions answered, don't be surprised if it sells to someone else that is ready to buy.
Too many tire kickers waste peoples time. They'll ask a question about an item, you give a reply, and then never hear from them again.
First come first serve.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yes, I would have purchased these handguards had I been the "first in line" guy. I assumed after a while they were gone and found something else. I sent a PM with payment request right away....but unfortunately I was not quick enough. I chalk it up to "you win some you lose some" I've had some real pleasant transactions on this forum (chucks supports, a Jardine exhaust to name a few) and hope to have many more. Perhaps a basic rule of etiquette is in order here? just my opinion
First come first serve, is already the basic rule.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Rik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER View Post
First come first serve, is already the basic rule.
oh....ok
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytrydr View Post
Well Capn Kirk seems people want things to happen a little too quickly for me,
With internet sales, you gotta be quick! I have dealt with people on Craigslist and MC forums and have had people call dibs and while waiting for the deal to be made, turned down others just to have the original person calling dibs change their mind or never make contact. Sucks that people are that way, but it is reality. What is a reasonable time to receive payment could be hours to one person and days to another.

You seem like a great guy & I completely understand where you are coming from but I also see the need for speed if you stumble on a good deal.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Well,you were close....#2 isn't too far from first!!!!!!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
With internet sales, you gotta be quick! I have dealt with people on Craigslist and MC forums and have had people call dibs and while waiting for the deal to be made, turned down others just to have the original person calling dibs change their mind or never make contact. Sucks that people are that way, but it is reality. What is a reasonable time to receive payment could be hours to one person and days to another.

You seem like a great guy & I completely understand where you are coming from but I also see the need for speed if you stumble on a good deal.

I here ya. I just sold some stuff on craigslist, what a pain in the ass it was. But the actual buyers ended up being real nice guys and I'm glade they ended up with the stuff.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 08:48 PM
MTS

This is really off topic but, I don't see were anything is for sale on this forum? Is there a classified section i'm missing? I looked but don't see one?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
This is really off topic but, I don't see were anything is for sale on this forum? Is there a classified section i'm missing? I looked but don't see one?
On the main forum page, scroll down to the "Classifieds" section.

Note: This information is highly classified!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 10:25 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
On the main forum page, scroll down to the "Classifieds" section.

Note: This information is highly classified!
Ha! Ha! Thanks invader! I never scrolled down that far before! Wow! By the way I'm a soft ware engineer! Just another sucker to bid against now!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode