stolen Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
stolen Versys

My bike was stolen Saturday night/Sunday morning right out of garage. I'm going through the process w/ insurance company and just wanted to give everybody a heads up when purchasing farkels and such. Be sure to keep your receipts just in case something like this happens. Some places keep record for several years so that makes it easier. The insurance companies will want them...it really adds up as you guys know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 08:53 PM

Garage
Bad news carter! That sucks. Good luck getting it sorted out.

Always trust your cape.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 09:19 PM
MTS

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope your insurance will cover everything. Man oh man thieves I don't like them!
Give us an update carter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
WOW! Never thought a Versys would get stolen. Were the keys in it? I hope you do OK with the insurance company.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

yes it was in my garage...I had the keys in trunk. I commute to work everyday parked next to wifes car and two german shepards and locked gate. The garage door was up for the dogs. We live out in county so not alot of stuff like this happens.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 10:37 PM

That really sucks carter. I can't imagine how you feel. And I hope I never get to.

Hoping to become a rider soon
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Well its not a bike that just blends in. So maybe you'll get lucky. They'll have to keep it hid or get it the hell outta dodge.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:03 PM

That sucks... hope that you'll find it back soon!

"Un intellectuel assis va toujours moins loin qu'un con qui marche" (Michel Audiard)

: 15/09/09 : 9948km - 02/04/12 : 71283 + 53km
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

yeah thats what I told the sheriff as I was describing the bike...there aren't many bikes like this, it catches your attention. I think I've seen two '08 in the area over the past few years.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
http://www.stolenmotorcycleregistry....state&state=AR

The National Insurance Crime Bureau Statistics of Little Rock also reveals that there is an alarming rise of motor vehicle theft and worse, only 20-25% of the stolen motorcycles are ever recovered.
http://www.autoquotenow.com/city/lit...surance-ar.php

http://www.fox16.com/mostpopular/sto...zOWG5OJVw.cspx

http://www.fox16.com/content/news/cr...95FZx-kzA.cspx
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 01:12 AM

At least the thieves had good taste in motorcycles... Sucks though, hope they get caught and you get your V back.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 01:41 AM

Sorry to hear that. Even if they mod the bike, the skewed mono shock and gull swing arm will give it away. Watch out for these features.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 02:44 AM

sorry 4 U carter, i know that for most of us, the bike is like a child...
in my country we say - "i hope the money the thief will earn from the bike, will go for medicines..."
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:02 AM

Well if you get a new versys might want to think about a LoJack or theft other locating system.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:44 AM

That sucks Carter. I work as a contractor and have had my tools lifted several times. I used to joke that I never got to wear out any tools because they'd get stolen first. Gallows humour, because it's a sick feeling when you see your stuff missing. What kind of person does that sort of thing? Moreover, what kind of person BUYS the stolen goods? But most importantly, what were your dogs doing while this was going on?!
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Versuvius View Post
But most importantly, what were your dogs doing while this was going on?!
Excellent question. They're also German Shepherd K9 units.

Good thing it was insured for theft, Carter. I hope you get it back intact, or enough insurance compensation to properly replace it.

I just got my VISA statement with a charge for $150 made from a mystery Amazon.co.uk account. Amazon UK were no help. I called my VISA 40 minutes ago and they immediately filed a fraud investigation, gave me a new VISA number to replace my original one I've had for 25 years, and assured me that I don't need to pay for the Amazon UK charge which is fully refunded from my account. All taken care of in about 2 minutes flat. I was very impressed by their efficient and friendly service. (CIBC VISA)

Last edited by invader; 12-08-2011 at 08:30 AM.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 08:14 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss and hope you get it back all intact. I keep mine parked in the garage but religiously put the disc lock on just to be safe. Most criminals seem to take the easiest things they can find.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I had my summer tires stolen 2 weeks ago ( just changed them, with mag...) from the garage of the building ( supposed locked and a security cable on them).

What type of garage do you have? did you have any security in the garage and on the bike? how did they leave with the whole bike? picked it up?
I'm sorry about your loss, it's frustrating....

Versys 2015 Green
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 09:03 AM
MTS

I use an RV lock on my bike! I would post a photo but can not post photos on this site, but it is a really heavy duty lock. I use it at home too! Try that out carter again sorry for your loss, I know how it feels! Thieves!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 12-08-2011 at 09:08 AM.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I just got my VISA statement with a charge for $150 made from a mystery Amazon.co.uk account. ... I called my VISA ... and they ... assured me that I don't need to pay for the Amazon UK charge ...
Not to hijack the thread... but related to your experience and of interest to any business owners in here, here’s something that I just learned...

“... businesses do not enjoy the same protections that consumers have against online banking fraud. Most banks will work with commercial customers to try and reverse any fraudulent transfers, but the chances of that succeeding diminish rapidly after the first 24 hours following unauthorized activity. What’s more, banks are under no obligation to reimburse commercial customers victimized by cyber fraud.”

Above excerpt from article:
N.Y. Firm Faces Bankruptcy from $164,000 E-Banking Loss

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode