Review after 2yrs. and 25k miles - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Review after 2yrs. and 25k miles

Cheap,comfortable,hard luggage capable,sporty and light as possible were my main specs for a new bike. I ride alone or with 2 or 3 like minded friends and enjoy touring and sport riding.The Versys looked to be able to meet my needs. In July 2009 I paid $6,634 OTD ($6,200 + 7% sales tax) for a green 09 .
All day comfort is no problem for me and my 52 year old, 160 lb.,6'0' frame.I have 3 windshields from stock size to barn door to suit whatever I think I need for wind protection.Hand guards,heated grips,and power outlet for heated clothing are the only other comfort items Ive added.Givi mounting racks and 3 hard cases take care of my storage.
Riding tight ,curvy mountain roads is where this biker shines and is my favorite ,but a 500 mile day highway droning is not that bad either.Plenty of ground clearance,nice handling and light weight makes for great fun in the mountains.At my skill level the Versys has all the sporting capabilities I can use. The Versys ownership experience has been great.All I've done so far is routine service and buy 3 sets of tires.Speaking as an experienced rider who's owned othe bikes,overall the Versys may be the most enjoyable and easy to live with.I have never regetted this purchase and look forward to many more miles and adventures.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 05:02 PM

Couldn't have said it better.

The Versys suits my skill level (which has diminished over the years - I'm no longer indestructible) and riding style almost perfectly, and it's hard to get better than that.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Me? Four years and 30,000 miles on the '08, one year and 6,500 miles on the '09....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Rik

Yup! Great all 'rounder. Multiple bike ownership since 1977. I don't think I've ever enjoyed one motorcycle so much on so many levels. In the past, I've usually looked for the next bike not long after the purchase of the present ride. I bought my Versys new in June of 08 and I still peruse the monthly bike rags but have yet to see anything that would properly replace it....Multiple bike ownership?....well checkbook allowing, that's another story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode