Yamaha "Super Tenere Worldcrosser"

Just got this from the "Cycle Canada" website:

December 1, 2011
Yamaha Super Ténéré Worldcrosser No Longer Just a Concept

Photo: Yamaha

Email this to a friend
Print
RSS

Yamaha Italy has announced that the Super Ténéré Worldcrosser, first seen last year at EICMA in concept form, is now a production model slated to go on sale in Europe for €15,690, starting March 2012. A more rugged, off-road biased variant of the standard Super Ténéré, the Worldcrosser comes attired in added protective aluminum covers, knobby tires, and carbon fibre in place of the base model's plastic coverings. There's no mention of any suspension refinements (the standard model's suspension is already quite tall, but not as tall as BMW's R1200GS Adventure) though Yamaha Italy says they're also offering an 'R' package that upgrades the Worldcrosser with an Akrapovic titanium exhaust, a carbon fibre heat shield, fog lights, and LED signals.

No word from Yamaha Canada yet on whether the Worldcrosser will be available here, but we'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, you can watch the standard Super Ténéré in action in our recent Fall Tour video.

Here's a link to their site:
http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/13733/

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That's a cool parallel twin in that bike. The crank pins are 90 degrees to each other so its actually a P-Twin that runs like a V-Twin.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti20vturbo View Post
That's a cool parallel twin in that bike. The crank pins are 90 degrees to each other so its actually a P-Twin that runs like a V-Twin.
Yes, same setup as the TDM 850 MKII and my old TDM 900. Lovely engine.

I saw the Worldcrosser at the Brussels motorshow. It's an impressive bike. But it is also bloody heavy. It will be a great bike for long journeys on tarmac and gravel roads. But I wouldn't really take it far beyond that.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 03:18 AM

I expected it'd be better based on this concept.

It's just a blinged-up SuperTenere now.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:02 AM

The January issue of Rider has a comparison test pitting the R1200GSA with a Super Tenere (although not this Worldcrosser variant). They couldn't pick the better bike...both excellent, pick the one you prefer or get the Yamaha and have 5 grand left over for gas and tires.

I sat on a Super Tenere and was able to put both feet on the ground, although not flat. Not even close to both feet down with a GS. YMMV Guess I'll have to get those surgical leg extensions before I put down a deposit on one of these babies.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

Last edited by Bones; 12-03-2011 at 09:04 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:16 AM

The crosser is higher than the regular Super Ten, at least the prototype I saw in Brussels was.
But it comes with an additional fuel tank, better suspension and protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode