Photos Of Damage From The Crash - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
P

t

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 01-15-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 04:25 PM

I get a lot of grief from my Hardly neighbors about that helmet stuff.
3 decades on the road and it hasn't killed me yet.
atgatt

bikes can be replaced body parts not so much
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
[QUOTE=BLACK DOG;179271bikes can be replaced body parts not so much[/QUOTE]

To right, i need all the protection on my head i can, as i need every brain cell available to operate in this crazy world.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:31 PM

Agreed, glad you are ok, cages kill!

My Album:
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
To right, i need all the protection on my head i can, as i need every brain cell available to operate in this crazy world.
Several years ago I was going to test-ride my KLR onto a trailer I'd just completed. I was in coveralls and work gloves, but at the last minute put on an open-face helmet I had in the shop.

I got about 90% up and onto the trailer when something happened, and I was IMMEDIATELY ejected off as the bike went over to the left. I hit the left side of my helmet HARD.

Sure glad I'd put it on...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=weljo2001;179263]They versys came out in pretty good shape as the photos will show.First link is after the crash. The second link is from yesterday had the girlfriends son take photos of anything he could see. Helmet took a good lick also if it wasn't for the scratches i would never have known my head hit the pavement.

Glad to hear your "skid lid" did its job!

Who knows, you might end up with a new one when all is said and done. My feeling is that the insurance company needs to make every nick/scratch/tweaked part as new (i.e. total it). That's what salvage titles are for--I've seen bikes similarly damaged that have been written off. There is a HUGE liability risk putting you back on an "unsafe machine." Are the bars, forks, cowlings, and frame perfectly straight?

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
[quote=RockyMoto;179344]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
They versys came out in pretty good shape as the photos will show.First link is after the crash. The second link is from yesterday had the girlfriends son take photos of anything he could see. Helmet took a good lick also if it wasn't for the scratches i would never have known my head hit the pavement.

Glad to hear your "skid lid" did its job!

Who knows, you might end up with a new one when all is said and done. My feeling is that the insurance company needs to make every nick/scratch/tweaked part as new (i.e. total it). That's what salvage titles are for--I've seen bikes similarly damaged that have been written off. There is a HUGE liability risk putting you back on an "unsafe machine." Are the bars, forks, cowlings, and frame perfectly straight?

I drove it home and had to get help off the bike and into the house. Everything seemed fine on the ride home. I haven't seen the bike since stuck on the couch for the time being

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 12:50 AM
MTS

Kiwi and Element I totally agree! Glad you are alive Weljo! Hope you heal very quickly!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 09:36 AM

Ding in the Swing, compliments of the pipe!
Hope the healing is coming along.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Insurance estimated the damage at a few dollars over $3100.00

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 03:35 AM

So for a broken windscreen and minimal scratches they're saying it's a write off? Did they total it or just give that estimate?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Cant be a write off as he got over $3000 bucks worth of mods on that bike
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhFZ View Post
So for a broken windscreen and minimal scratches they're saying it's a write off? Did they total it or just give that estimate?

Thats what thier willing to give minus the deductable. Being a 2009 they have to make it new. So the ding on the swingarm is worth $649.00 then the scratch on the yoshi is worth over $500.00 etc,etc.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Cant be a write off as he got over $3000 bucks worth of mods on that bike
Thats what i was worried about.If they totaled it. it would be a pain taking off all the goodies

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 PM

Ask them what they'll pay you with you keeping the bike and fixing it yourself. Have they made you an offer for your medical expenses, loss of wages, pain and suffering, etc.?

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Ask them what they'll pay you with you keeping the bike and fixing it yourself. Have they made you an offer for your medical expenses, loss of wages, pain and suffering, etc.?

The estimate on the bike repair is from my insurance company. The other guys insurance sent me a letter friday stating thier waiting for the police reports. Thats the first i've heard from them...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode