Crashed Today - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Crashed Today

I'll keep it short because i'm hurting right now. Coming down PCH today slow speed BMW decided to make a U-Turn while i was coming along side of him. Wss able to lock up the brakes and and hit the car at an angle instead of head on the wheel well hit the side of my right knee i could feel the knee just give in from the pressure.the bike bounced to the left and he was still turning into me and i went over the hood of the car.Left wrist hurts like hell,can't put weight on the knee,left shin has a knot like a grapefruit and right ribs are sore. Was able to ride home but needed help getting in the house so i'm here on the couch. I had the video camera going but i guess the hit messed it up that footage and some other were unable to retrieve.The bike faired pretty well thanks H/B crash bars. the brake pedal was bent didn't take a photo of that. it was a great day up untill that moment.

IMG_20111127_133820 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_20111127_133828 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_20111127_133847 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_20111127_133900 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_20111127_133911 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_20111127_133927 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_20111127_140356 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_20111127_144851 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_20111127_144859 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_20111127_144906 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 12-22-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 08:09 PM

So sorry to hear about this. I hope you heal up ok.

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:

on two wheels:
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 PM

Sorry to hear about the accident, you need to get checked out by a doctor. You may be hurt worse than you know. I hope you heel up fast.

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 09:26 PM

sorry to hear about your wreck... That sucks... I second the doc thing... Hope you have a police report in your favor... No time to be polite when someone turns in front of you and injury results ... Good luck on the healing route... Its gonna hurt worse tomorrow or the next day... Get some good pain killers... Its comin bro ...

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 PM

Garage
Definitley get checked out. The sooner treatment starts the better. Did the person take blame for the wreck? Was this a 4 lane section of the road or were you lane sharing?

Good Luck, and I hope you heal up 100%.
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for all the well wishes and PM's. It was 2 lanes both sides.We pulled into the turn lane to go left back to the canyons. But it was residential couldn't pull back into the lane so we were in the little area with the double yellows on each side looking for a spot to pull in. Traffic started to jam up and as i got next to the bmw he tried to make a U-Turn i was on the left side of him. So were both probably at fault.He did tell the officer he pulled into me.He was an older honest guy and kept apologizing to me and brought me water he could tell i was one hurting unit.Both our stories were true and correct as to what each of us had done.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! Man I'm so sorry to hear this!!

post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Wow! Man I'm so sorry to hear this!!
Thanks i feel real lucky because only a few cars were coming the opposite way i landed in the passing lane coming the opposite way. I got up staring at a real pretty red ferrari.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm sure the left wrist has a fracture and the knee just caved in can't move it without having someone lift my leg for me. So i'll be heading to the doctor soon.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Soon!!? Go man go! Sounds like youre pretty banged up. Man this sucks!

post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 11:44 PM

Ouch! Hope It isn't anything too serious and you can get back on two wheels again soon.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 AM

Sorry to hear about this.... dang cagers!
Glad to see it wasn't worse though, that leg looks BAD! Get to the Doc ASAP

Oh btw, tell me your seat went unharmed!

Edit: On another note the more crashes i see the more and more it looks like those crash bars are well worth it! Would hate to see what the bike looked like without them!
post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhFZ View Post
Sorry to hear about this.... dang cagers!
Glad to see it wasn't worse though, that leg looks BAD! Get to the Doc ASAP

Oh btw, tell me your seat went unharmed!

Edit: On another note the more crashes i see the more and more it looks like those crash bars are well worth it! Would hate to see what the bike looked like without them!
I think the seats good to go will check it out better tomorrow

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Sorry to hear of your mishap Bro, get your body sorted first before being concerned by a hunk of metal.
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:07 AM

Sorry to hear of the crash. Hope those swells and pain are just minor ones but do get them check out for bone cracks. Get well soon and rest!

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #16 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:08 AM

Whaddaya mean soon? Go NOW!
post #17 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:39 AM

Sorry about your wreck. Hope you and your bike heal up quickly.

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)
post #18 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:51 AM

Ouch! I hope you're at the ER by now..

Vulcan 1700 Classic

post #19 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:28 AM

Sorry about the incident, Weljo.
It seems we can't crash on our own anymore but must be assisted by uncaring drivers.

Injuries are best treated while they are hot. Meaning: immediately upon occurring!
The more you wait and let it cool down and swell up the harder it will be to treat it.
Get yourself checked out.

These fukcing things happen.
Get well soon and get back in the saddle.

Cheers.
post #20 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 04:38 AM

sorry to hear

get well ,take care and make all the needed checks at the clinic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode