New Versys Review - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

New Versys Review

http://www.topend.tv/episodes.php?id=6

I loaned a friend my bike to do this review. Now I wish that I hadn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 AM

I guess not everyone is a Versys fan!!
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:36 AM

Garage
Well at least the chick had a nice rack.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:43 AM

Think I'll stick with MCN for my bike reviews. Negative comments aside, that was a pretty long and tedious video.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 09:00 AM

Well first off I didn’t think their comments where that negative about the bike. Its not like it was a long-term review and Im guessing they are far from experts on reviewing bikes. Boy get yourself a website and a video camera and everyone becomes an expert however! They contradict themselves repeatedly and I don’t think I’ve ever seen two more uncomfortable people in front of the camera. I take it they are sport bike people from the opening scenes of track days. Comments on breaks I always love. What are they expecting? In the stock trim I could get both wheels to lock up? Add stainless lines and they just lock up faster. As a sport bike rider breakes just slow you down and are used on the exit of a hot corner to keep the front planted;-) Saving grace to the 10 mins of watching this “turd” that Ill never get back is that she is pretty cute. Last comment if your going on camera to do reviews of bikes wear riding pants. Jeans are like riding naked if you go down on asphalt and I’m not even sure the jacket she was wearing was a riding garment…..it looked like a windbreaker. Ill still be getting my reviews from the experts.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 09:01 AM

Nice bike! Bad review!!!!

I stopped watching when she started complaining about the exhaust and the windshield. She failed to mention the aftermarket exhaust….at least she noted the windshield had been cut down at the beginning of the video.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 AM

"It should handle anything you throw at it" but not particularly great at any one thing.
Fair enough.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 09:53 AM

Garage
Yea she really likes sportbikes or maybe it just the position.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea she really likes sportbikes or maybe it just the position.
Your a worry my friend
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 AM

Oh dear, they're about the same caliber as that "acceleration" vid...

I'll stick with MCN as well.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 PM

I hope they don't quit their day jobs...

I could only get half way through.....

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 01:47 PM
MTS

Ha! Ha! I thought that was pretty funny! They tried to copy all the pros and really made a mess of it! I busted out laughing when he said,"nothing I would have in my garage". I do not want to see what is in that guys garage!!! lol

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 11-15-2011 at 04:54 PM.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 01:57 PM

bla bla bla... "sportbike".. bla bla bla... "sportbike"... well, If I wanted a sportbike... I'd buy one!!!

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 PM

"The wind comes over the windshield past 70"
What [email protected]#$% windshield! It's been hacked off.
& for the exhaust note being tinny in the higher rpms...
Do they even realize that it is not the stock exhaust.
I think what she is hearing is the wind rushing through her empty head.
It seems in this case IQ and bra size are not proportionality related.

As for the guy... if he knew how to ride he wouldn't be going in to the corner too hot in the first place on an unfamiliar bike.

07 Kawasaki Versys + Farkles
MRA Vario Windscreen, Acerbis Dual Road Handgaurds + LEDs, Oxford Heated Grips, Xenon & LED Headlight, Tail Light Flasher, Moto Werk Flat Foot, Mirror Extenders & Foot Peg Lowering Blocks, Rad Gaurd, Fenda Extender, Powerbronze Rear Hugger, Stebel Nautilus Airhorn, T Rex Frame Sliders, Extended Rear Spools, Monster Energy Tank Protector, Magnitic Drain Plug, 12V Power Port, Tom Tom GPS, Xena XX14 Lock Alarm, Givi 409, 464, 449 Bags & Monokey Rack + Kappa 48L Case
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 02:58 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I thought the video was pretty funny, but some of the comments about the video are even better!!!! lol

Maybe it was a bit amateur-ish...but not too bad for an amateur.

They probably won't help sell too many Versys'.....
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 04:49 PM
rlj

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Well at least the chick had a nice rack.
x2
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 05:02 PM

Garage
I don't know if the previous owner changed the pads but my front brake only requires light pressure to stop quickly.

It sounds to me like the reviewers have a bias towards a certain style of bike and the Versys does not fall within that style. In reality you can really only compare the Versys to other bikes with a similar intended purpose and price. The 1000cc Versys has more power and higher quality components like suspension and brakes but also costs $14,000 or 50% more than the 650cc Versys. IMO if you factor in price the 650cc Versys is the better value.

Last edited by twowheels; 11-15-2011 at 05:07 PM.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 06:51 PM
MTS

As for the guy... if he knew how to ride he wouldn't be going in to the corner too hot in the first place on an unfamiliar bike.[/QUOTE]

Thats right! Ha! Ha! He said he almost wrecked first thing! I couldn't stop brakes smoochie! That was just a hilarious video! They did a great job trying to mock the pro reviewers! I could not stop laughing! Thanks again for posting!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 11-15-2011 at 06:56 PM.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 AM

I thought about it some and must admit this part was pretty good:

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Overall I thought it was a reasonable review, though their sport bike bias seems evident to me. (Well, it was reasonable when you ignore the misguided or erroneous wind/exhaust sound/clock comments.)

On another note, why do so many people, especially sport bike riders, complain about the brakes!?!! The brakes work perfectly well -- there's nothing wrong with them as far as I'm concerned. I can understand that not everybody likes the feel of them but they are far more than capable of quickly stopping the bike, and of causing a crash if you're not careful with them. I don't think they are underpowered at all.

-Never mistake kindness for weakness.
-Harley Davidson rEvolution engine (V-Rod): Designed by Porsche, detuned by Harley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode