Pop Quiz 2.0 ! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Pop Quiz 2.0 !

Lost the rear tire the other day...at speed!
She went down fast, about a minute.
But in that minute I detected the problem, turned on my 'four-ways', made my way to the far right lane and thankfully had enough air and rubber left on the exit ramp to make it to the top with out destroying the rim.

Called my dealer; Macomb Power Sport in Chesterfield Michigan for some towing info, and in stead was told they would be happy to recover me and the bike but that it would cost 20 bucks.
20 BUCKS!!! that's a 45 mile round trip in rush hour traffic and there charging ONLY 20 dollars???
And they brought the box-trailer fer gosh sakes!
Talk about a dollar well spent.

And so I once again can't say enough good things about everyone at Macomb Powersport.
Special thanks to Brian and Dave. You made a suddenly sucky day go from bad to good...and it only took ya about 35 minutes from the time we talked on the phone to do it.
Well met.

Side note...the price they had for a new Conti Road Attack 2 was very competitive with 'on-line' prices.
Ironicly...I was gonna bring the bike in that day for a tune-up so I just had them do the works. very reasonable IMHO and the bikes feels terrific!

Yeah...I know; seems like most folk hate there dealer....glad I'm one of the lucky ones.

Peace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 AM

Very nice!

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:06 PM

That's great service!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

You sure are one of the lucky ones!! Damn! We need more dealerships like yours!!!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM

Garage
I miss the dealership in texas where i bought mine Honda Kawasaki West. The service department always just charged the actual hours worked and in plenty of cases I was charged less time than actually worked. Just got a quote from a shop out here for Galfer SS brake lines and install. Line prices were on par but was quoted 2 to 2.5 hours at $85.00 an hour for labor. No thanks i ordered them off ebay with some speed bleeders and i'll do it myself.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
You sure are one of the lucky ones!! Damn! We need more dealerships like yours!!!
1+

They'd be getting my business & repeat business if they were in my area.

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 PM

Garage
I get great service from a local shop - not a dealership

http://www.motoconcept.ca/ are a small crew in North Vancouver, BC, who will service the bike while you wait.

I had some wiring, etc, done mid-year and the billed less than they quoted because it was easier than they thought.

I doubt if I will have to go back to the stealer.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode