Moto Werk Adjustable Highway Peg Mounts - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Moto Werk Adjustable Highway Peg Mounts

Re-posting got the title wrong on earlier thread..

Went to Speedys site and saw these they sure look sweet. Mine's on the way.

http://motowerk.com/HighwayPegsMounts.aspx

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 11:47 PM

they sure do. I wl make the order once I receive my current order from Speedy. Give your view once u hv tried them on. Cheers...
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by egeen486 View Post
they sure do. I wl make the order once I receive my current order from Speedy. Give your view once u hv tried them on. Cheers...

Will do....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 02:06 AM

That's a nice product. Not sure if those with Givi TN422, SW Motech and Happy Trails engine guards can use them with this. The diameter of the guards look the same though. Again, Speedy products are

http://www.happy-trail.com/Kawasaki%...e%20Guard.aspx
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/3855/652/
http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts....ycle-crashbars

Thanks, Weljo.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Speedy products are

Thanks to speedy for coming up with the Highway pegs.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 07:15 AM

Looking for highway pegs for SW Motech guards.

As listed in the title, I am looking for a set of comfortable highway pegs to use with my new SW Motech engine guards. I live in Newfoundland, Canada and struggle to find reasonably priced shipping. Any suggestions.

I figured it out!! A good day is when you can't see through your visor or windshield b/c of the bug splatter!!!!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
That's a nice product. Not sure if those with Givi TN422, SW Motech and Happy Trails engine guards can use them with this. The diameter of the guards look the same though. Again, Speedy products are

Thanks, Weljo.
Hope Speedy can comment on this coz' this will definitely be in my next purchase plan
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 09:59 AM

Those may be the answer until I can get my engine guards.

I'm so torn on which ones I like best. I like the looks of the Givi, SW Motech and the Hepco's. So I was holding off on getting some foot rests until I can make up my mind because I didn't think I could find a set for the V if I didn't add crash bars. This may just solve my knee flexing issue until I can make up my mind.

Wonder if they will fit under an engine guard so I can leave them in place after I install them. Whats the spacing between the engine guards and the engine anyway?

Time to call the wife...
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:

Thanks, Weljo.
from Speedy's site : Additionally, our highway pegs mounts can be mounted to those motorcycles with 1-1/4" diameter frame or crash bars.

sounds right to me

Dan
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 10:19 AM

adamsrob -- I purchased MFW clamps and highway pegs from Twisted Throttle. Don't know how much shipping would cost to Canada, but they do have very specific info regarding this on their website. I'm very pleased with the MFW set-up i have now. But see my link below for some background. I would recommend initial purchase of the "MFW footpeg joint for M10 holes". I initially purchased MFW U-bolt clamps that didn't work. I modified them. They now work wonderfully. Good luck.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=15306

Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the confirmation, Guys. Think the HB engine guards are also 1 inch diameter.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation, Guys. Think the HB engine guards are also 1 inch diameter.
Yep the H/B's are 1" i have them on mine at the moment

IMG_0604 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0602 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0603 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 11-08-2011 at 09:45 PM.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just got them and something extra will take photos after install.

IMG_0605 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0606 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Popped the mounting base on the bike real quick to show that having H/B crash bars is not a problem plenty of room to mount and easy as pie.Will finish it up tomorrow.

IMG_0613 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0612 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0611 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0610 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0608 by weljo2001, on Flickr

297019_10150338104793381_554583380_8090814_1956665 958_n by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 09:32 AM

Damn. Now I have to get something else.

Where are you getting the actual foot peg?

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
Damn. Now I have to get something else.

Where are you getting the actual foot peg?

Here's where i got mine. http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=RIVCO They come in black also. http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=RIVCO

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Moto Werk Adjustable Highway Peg Mounts On The Bike

Here they are on the bike. Like them alot more than the other ones i had. They tuck in much nicer on the bike and go on in a jiffy.

IMG_0616 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0617 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0618 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0619 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0620 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0621 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0622 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0623 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 11-05-2011 at 04:19 PM.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here's the something extra..Adjustable Brake Lever Nut... http://motowerk.com/Versys.aspx

IMG_0606 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Just ordered a set
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 06:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Does anyone know of these will work with a SW Motech engine Guard??? I get that they should mount up to the bars themselves but I think that may be two wide....I don't think they will work on the frame as the SWM bars have that vertical brace in the way.

Last edited by offcamber; 11-09-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode