My first ever motorbike speeding ticket - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
My first ever motorbike speeding ticket

Today while going for a qiet ride to town to drop some DVD's back off to the shop got my first ever bike speeding ticket and only 2nd ticket in my life as my first was in a VW beetle when i was 16 on the way to a ski field.

Hate paying out good money but them the rules but hate more demerit points on my license which sit there for 2 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 PM

Garage
I gotta feeling you were on the Z. That bike could get a ticket sitting still..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I gotta feeling you were on the Z. That bike could get a ticket sitting still..
No i was fishing for you to say that, The versys has not been out for a couple of weeks and thought it was time for a ride. The speed limit is 100kph and i was only doing 114 kph but it was a anal transport cop locked me coming opposite way $80.00 fine and 20 demerit points, lose all 100 and you lose your license.

The real funny thing about it was that i was on the way to a friends house who is a police sargent as i also had to return some dvds and had some of our free range eggs in the givi bin for him. We had a great laugh over a coffee as he said that cop was more pedantic being in transport and would have not flexiabilty like some of the english cops we have here as they have no sense of kiwi humour. I smiled thanked the man for the ticket and said glad was not on my Z. had a gut feeling the night before to slow down and that why i was going a lot slower than normal as 40 kph above limit and instant loss of license.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 08:36 PM

I'm with Weljo on the Z. It's was just begging for a speedy ride.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

To make matters worse my cop friend posted statement below on my wifes face book as she is away for 8 days in a different part of the country, she thinks i got the ticket becasue i lent my friend the Z and was trying to keep up on the Versys and lost my license but we will keep her in suspense for a while and my friend also said there will be no money for christmas presents this year.

"I know something you don't know. Involving a lonely man, a motor cycle, and a piglet"
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 10:05 PM

Garage
Phil i hope you like horses also. Because when your little woman gets home you might be staying with them.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Phil i hope you like horses also. Because when your little woman gets home you might be staying with them.
Yep may have to find a friend with a couch and a garage for the bikes
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 12:11 AM
MTS

Phil don't be burning up all your points when you haven't even broke out the Z yet!! Ha! Ha! Sorry about the ticket they always hurt!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 03:53 AM

I thought it was strange you got away with that 220km/h the other day.

You are very lawed-up and fenced-up down there.

Although, a few weeks ago I got a ticket for burned light bulb in one of the headlights in my car. In the middle of the city. During the day.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan V View Post
I thought it was strange you got away with that 220km/h the other day.

My police friend thought it was funny how i actually took the Z up to 245kph and took the versys out for a easy cruise after it has been sitting for a couple of weeks and was going slow by my standards due to eggs in the bin. I did see the cop coming toward me behind a another on coming vehicle but did not react quick enough and it was only 5 min down the road from my place but is a main highway, knew he had a locked my speed when i seen in rear mirror his flashing lights go on and he did a fast u turn. If he had locked me at 115 instead off 114 the fine goes up by $40 and if it was at 120kph the demerits go from 20 to 35.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats buddy-LOL

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
...The speed limit is 100kph and i was only doing 114 kph but it was a anal transport cop locked me coming opposite way $80.00 fine and 20 demerit points, lose all 100 and you lose your license.
i was going a lot slower than normal as 40 kph above limit and instant loss of license.
Radar Detector

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
To make matters worse my cop friend posted statement below on my wifes face book as she is away for 8 days in a different part of the country, she thinks i got the ticket becasue i lent my friend the Z and was trying to keep up on the Versys and lost my license but we will keep her in suspense for a while and my friend also said there will be no money for christmas presents this year.

"I know something you don't know. Involving a lonely man, a motor cycle, and a piglet"
Some friend there kiwi41. Nice ability to smooth things over with the Mrs. with you. Darn troublemakers.

Do I feel a payback coming his way in the near future?

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ron View Post
Some friend there kiwi41. Nice ability to smooth things over with the Mrs. with you. Darn troublemakers.

Do I feel a payback coming his way in the near future?
Might let all his tyres down on his cop car
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Might let all his tyres down on his cop car

A small pebble placed in the valve stem cap and tightned will let the air out of the tires with no damage done.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
A small pebble placed in the valve stem cap and tightned will let the air out of the tires with no damage done.
Hmmm i like how you have spent years of mis spent youth to learn such wisdom, I likey
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

LMAO- Reminds me of my youth day and coming out of the PUB, that's what we boys do....we even carry spare tire valve caps for our regular customers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode