Motorcycle USA Versys Article - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Motorcycle USA Versys Article

Came across this article on the Motorcycle USA web site. A staff writer rode a Versys from the L.A. area along Hwy 101, the spectacular Pacific Coast Highway, and a portion of Interstate 5 to Oregon.

Said some nice things about the Versys, but then we knew those things already. And the few shortcomings he mentioned are easily rectified. Most of us have resolved them already as well - thanks makers of larger windscreens and to Speedy for his footpeg lowering blocks.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/308/10...vid=1176666903

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice read, thanks for posting!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron650 View Post
Nice read, thanks for posting!
+1

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 PM

Cool article. It says in there that they are turning the Versys into a project bike, Im interested to see what mods they will make to the bike.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
"Now that the Versys has migrated north, we’re curious to see what else it will handle, so it’s become an Adventure-Touring project. Check back to Motorcycle USA for updates on our Versys project bike."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 AM

Thanks for posting that.

What!?! A 900 mile ride and no complaints about the seat!?!

I recently did most of that ride (the part from So. Cal. up to San Fran. that is).

"Big Sur is also a popular tourist destination too, which means the road can bog down. We’d scored less congestion on the weekday, and miraculously Big Sur was less cluttered with the RV rentals that typically litter the PCH."

OMG that's exactly what I experienced...I've never seen so many RV rentals and sightseeing tourists operating motor vehicles in my life! And I was there on a Tuesday!

"Plus the Versys Twin had plenty of snap to dispatch slow pokes as opportunity presented."

Very true. But after you "dispatch" one group of 3, 4, 5...10 cars/RV's and then run into another "group" within a mile or two, it gets tiring--at least it did for me, especially considering how cool the road was. Oh well, I still enjoyed the scenery and the ride as best I could.

Funny, I "hammered it" back home on the I 5 too. (I went to school in No. Cal., so I an VERY familiar with that Interstate), except I was "getting along" more in the 80 to 90 mph range and making time! It was nighttime, so I didn't have to deal with the never changing, mind numbing farmland that that slab goes through. Plus, I cut over on the 138 in Gorman and took it through Palmdale and came home from "the backside" for a least a little variety.

Anyway, I appreciated reading that article. That guy's take on the V seemed very accurate to me. I can't wait to see what they do with it from here on out! And, I can't wait to try some of those "side" roads and highways he mentioned next time!

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanks for the post and nicely said"Plenty fast and sporting for the street, its versatility makes it a noble all-rounder".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode