Hanging on no longer for sale - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Rik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hanging on no longer for sale

To the members of forum...especially the ones I have semi regular contact with. Through a lot of creative budgeting, I'm going to be able to hang on to my Versys. I never really wanted to sell it. I actually had some very interested parties from many states and some great conversations! I made some new friends!. A lot of interest out there. To the guy who (threateningly) low balled me to the point of insulting my intelligence: "You sir are a bottom feeder good economy or bad" (you know who you are) sheeesh. In any event, glad to be back, even though I never really left~!
cheers and Ride Safe!
Rik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 10:14 AM

That's great, for both you and the Versys.

As for the 'bottom feeders', well, I too have recently experianced people thinking that the reason I was selling something was that I was desperate for cash. They'd offer up to less than half the price I was advertising at and usually they'd come in with a hard luck story of how little money they had and this is all they could afford. Aye, dead on ! Chancers the lot of them. We all like a good deal, but there's always the ones who will try to take advantage.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Rik

I do not begrudge anyone who makes a "reasonable offer" i.e. "You don't ask you don't get" But...When an insanely low offer is made with the addendum "You better take my offer as that's the only one you're gonna get" in an agitated tone, (you know who you are) No thanks. Selling the bike seemed like the only option, but thanks to my most awesome girlfriend/sig other. A little belt tightening and frugal spending for the rest of the year will keep the Red Versys right here. It also helps that aforementioned girlfriend really enjoys riding as much as I do. With the current economy, It's sometimes hard to justify anything beyond the basics. While struggling through the pitfalls of all this, it's nice to have a recreational outlet like a motorcycle....not to mention it is my ONLY form of transportation. I do not own a four wheeled conveyance at this time.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 10:06 PM

Glad you are able to stay on two wheels. Enjoy the wind!

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

on two wheels:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 10:24 PM

What were you going to do for transportation if you sold the versys?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I do not begrudge anyone who makes a "reasonable offer" i.e. "You don't ask you don't get" But...When an insanely low offer is made with the addendum "You better take my offer as that's the only one you're gonna get" in an agitated tone, (you know who you are) No thanks. Selling the bike seemed like the only option, but thanks to my most awesome girlfriend/sig other. A little belt tightening and frugal spending for the rest of the year will keep the Red Versys right here. It also helps that aforementioned girlfriend really enjoys riding as much as I do. With the current economy, It's sometimes hard to justify anything beyond the basics. While struggling through the pitfalls of all this, it's nice to have a recreational outlet like a motorcycle....not to mention it is my ONLY form of transportation. I do not own a four wheeled conveyance at this time.

Hang in there buddy and wish you and yours all the best.

Glad you hanged on to your Versys.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 01:38 AM

I would take a match to my bike before I sold it to some lowballer bully. I write some people off pretty quickly as I just don't have time to waste.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Rik

If the Versys had sold, I would have been relying on public transportation and "creative vehicle juggling with my girlfriends auto...not exactly impossible but rather a logistics challenge and overall pain the you know what...THANKFULLY....not the case!!!!!!!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
With the current economy, It's sometimes hard to justify anything beyond the basics. While struggling through the pitfalls of all this, it's nice to have a recreational outlet like a motorcycle...
I hear you loud and clear on that one....
My "V" was 'paid-in-full' 6 months after I took her home...but I often feel guilty for having her what with all the economic insecurity surrounding us all.
The bike was a gift to myself; I saved a long time to buy her...no impulsive purchase here... but sometimes I feel I could use the value of the bike for other, less selfish needs.
My sweetie always talks me out of it.
Funny how a silly machine can sorta, kinda make one a better, happier person!
It calms me, excites me, removes the tensions of the day, and brings a focus to my life that was missing...every time twist the throttle.
The zen of riding.
It truly is my solitude amongst the multitudes.
We all need that some how some way.
Freedom.
Glad you can keep riding Rik...I know it would be painful for me to give up mine.
and to everyone on this most important and solemn of occasions I say....
Happy Independence Day brothers and sisters....
To better days.
Peace.

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING

Last edited by stagehand38; 07-04-2011 at 08:53 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Rik

I'm totally with you Stagehand. My Versys was financed and I worked very hard to pay her off despite the "creative financing options" of HSB financial services......Their oughta be a law....... Still, I do feel guilty owning her sometimes. My motorcycle time is an escape, therapy, and a "centering" time for me. Helps me melt away the viccissitudes of the workday so I don't bring them home. And in this crazy world we're all faced with right now, it simply makes me smile every time I twist the throttle.
Happy 4th to all
rik
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:17 AM

Wow, that's great news Rik. Between what everyone on this post said, it helped validate why I wanted to get riding in the first place.

Glad to hear your holding on to your inner peace injector.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:25 AM

I'm happy for you and your girl that you guys found a way to keep the Versys in the family! Tell her "thanks" from the Forum!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
melt away the viccissitudes of the workday so I don't bring them home.
Holly crap...you better not bring this kind of stuff home.

2009 GREEN Versys
2006 Yellow Pearl H-D VRSCR Street Rod
2010 Scarlet Red H-D FXDF Fat Bob

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Rik

Thanks Baron,
She's quite the lass indeed. It took me 50 years (and a lot of false starts) to find the right one. Not only do I get to keep the bike, but I also get to keep the girl.....very rare combo in my experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode