Goodbye for now - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Goodbye for now

Hi all -

Sold the V last night. Tough to part with it, but for now my riding time is limited, and without sounding too "out there" I had started to get a bad feeling about riding.

I loved the Versys and have no complaints. Might buy some art or join a golf club...or maybe be part of the boomerang club and get back into riding on the new 2014 ABS Versys 800 Touring edition!

Great forum and thanks.

Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Foo Fighter Rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 07:02 AM

Sorry to see you go, but you have to do what feels right to you. Hopefully you will be back, but if not enjoy boomerang golfing.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa714 View Post
Sold the V last night. Tough to part with it, but for now my riding time is limited, and without sounding too "out there" I had started to get a bad feeling about riding.
I always hate to see people get out of motorcycling but I do understand your logic. I have had a couple negative moments over the 23 years I have been riding that made me have a long talk with myself and work through them. The worst was when I became a dad and didn't want to abandon my daughter in a crash. That was 9 years ago and many thousands of miles ago. Even though there is more risk than driving a car, I could never remove risk in my life. I am one of those people who believe you can be very careful with everything you do and then be the one in a billion that gets hit by a meteor.. Motorcycling gives me great joy and I would be lost and a different person without it in my life.

Obviously, my talks ended with a fresh renewal into being a better rider and wearing more gear. The older I get, the more gear I wear.

If you are having doubts about being out there with everything that could possibly go wrong, I think you made a wise decision and have nothing to regret. At another time, you may have a different take on things and get back into it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 12:35 PM

Been there myself and at one point had stopped riding for over 15 years. Funny thing is I had my crashes after I got back into it. Good luck to you and hope to see you back. BTW, I'll be one of the first in line for that 2014 Versys 800. (Kawasaki, are you listening?)

Cliff
FPD Ret, USN Ret.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I took a break when I moved to a new area with young children. The driving style of the locals was a lot more aggressive than I was used to so I decided to take a break. I had sold the bike before the move so it was a decision not to buy another one. When I got back into it I started with a DRZ400S and mostly rode the farmers fields, woods, and small back roads while I honed my skills.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 12:13 PM

The time to quit riding is when you no longer feel comfortable with the risk.

2009 GREEN Versys
2006 Yellow Pearl H-D VRSCR Street Rod
2010 Scarlet Red H-D FXDF Fat Bob

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment.

Last edited by CharlestonADV; 06-25-2011 at 01:16 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM

Whatever floats your boat - it your choice what's fun and enjoyable.

Take care!

2008 Kawasaki Versys
1994 Honda NTV 650
1999 Suzuki AN125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode