Kawasaki is Brazil - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kawasaki is Brazil

I once read a thread on this Forum that a few members would not buy a Kawasaki built in Brazil. I bought a 2010 Versys assembled here in Brazil and I love it.

Here is a list of the 9 Kawa bikes assembled presently in Manaus (due to tax exemptions):

Ninja 250R
Ninja 650R
ER-6N
Z750
Vulcan 900 Classic
Vulcan Custom
Vulcan Classic LT
Z1000
and the Versys

Two more models will be released in the second half of the year, they are:

Ninja ZX-6R
Ninja ZX-10R

The major brands are also building or assembling in Brazil. They are Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM (starting), BMW G650 GS (others to come). Brazil is the second largest motorcycle in the world, expected to be at 2 million units this year.

Don't rule out bikes built or assembled in Brazil. Most of you are already flying Brazilian Embraer ERJ airplanes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Sorry!!! I meant to say "Kawasaki in Brazil" not is Brazil!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Doesn't make a differance to me where its built as long as its a quality product who cares. Some guys are hung up on that stuff. I'm not one of them....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambar View Post
I once read a thread on this Forum that a few members would not buy a Kawasaki built in Brazil. I bought a 2010 Versys assembled here in Brazil and I love it.
What is the 11th character in your VIN (vehicle identification number)?

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=5481
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 08:52 AM

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would be prejudiced about where any product is built....if you trust the brand then it shouldn't really matter.
IMHO.

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
What is the 11th character in your VIN (vehicle identification number)?

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=5481
The 11th character is A. From your previous explanation on the other thread this character designates the assembly unit.......which in this case would be Japan!

I called Kawasaki and they guarantee these bikes are assembled in Manaus, Brazil. They are not manufactured but assembled.

Which of these 17 characters would represent that?

Luiz
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Mine was assembled in Thailand. If you get it too hot this strange smelling smoke comes out of it.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 PM

"I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would be prejudiced about where any product is built....if you trust the brand then it shouldn't really matter."

Some of us care whether the products we buy were manufactured in a country with fair labor laws. Call me what you want, but using children and/or quasi-slaves for cheap labor, only to make a larger profit for the stock holders and CEO, seems wrong to me.

But take a walk through any Walmart and you'll see I'm obviously in the minority with that opinion. Hmmm....I wonder if I'd find some agreement if I visited the local unemployment office?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambar View Post
The 11th character is A. From your previous explanation on the other thread this character designates the assembly unit.......which in this case would be Japan!

I called Kawasaki and they guarantee these bikes are assembled in Manaus, Brazil. They are not manufactured but assembled.

Which of these 17 characters would represent that?

Luiz
1st character denotes where the manufacturer is based, and the 11th character is where it was assembled... Yours was assembled in Japan before they started assembling Versys' in Brazil. That's if they even started to assemble them there yet.
Did you call Kawasaki KHI Japan, or the assembly plant in Brazil?

Last edited by invader; 06-21-2011 at 07:31 PM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Local dealer in São Paulo. They are obviously passing the wrong information or are wrongly being informed by Kawasaki.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Mine was assembled in Thailand. If you get it too hot this strange smelling smoke comes out of it.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 12:24 AM

Tokyo, October 8, 2009 — Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. announced today that operations have started up at a new motorcycle production plant at its Brazilian subsidiary, Kawasaki Motores do Brasil Ltda. (KMB). The plant’s launch was celebrated with a special ceremony on October 7.

Built in Manaus, Amazonas with a total investment of some 17 million reals*, the new plant boasts a site area of approximately 13,000 m2 and an annual production capacity of 25,000 units. The plant will start with producing the Z750 and Ninja 250R sportbikes (2010 models) before eventually expanding production to include other models.

KMB began selling imported motorcycles in October 2008. The launch of local production operations is expected to bring the sales volume up to 7,000 units for 2010.

http://www.khi.co.jp/english/news/de...3091008_1.html
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBKK View Post
We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand Express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best

-Rush; A passage to Bangkok -
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand Express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best

-Rush; A passage to Bangkok -
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegenes View Post
"I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would be prejudiced about where any product is built....if you trust the brand then it shouldn't really matter."

Some of us care whether the products we buy were manufactured in a country with fair labor laws. Call me what you want, but using children and/or quasi-slaves for cheap labor, only to make a larger profit for the stock holders and CEO, seems wrong to me.

But take a walk through any Walmart and you'll see I'm obviously in the minority with that opinion. Hmmm....I wonder if I'd find some agreement if I visited the local unemployment office?
Point taken. (one wonders if your implying that Brazil condones unfair labor practices). regardless; That's why I don't buy LEVI products...but I was taking the reference as referring to build quality. heck, many Ford cars and GMC trucks are assembled in Mexico but I am sure the build quality is the same as it would be here in the states ( and some of that work has started to return to the USA because shipping costs are (Ironically) out weighting labor cost savings! Go figure!
as for the walmart...do you really think Macy's, JC Penney, Target, Sacks 5th ave., Nordstroms, et-all are squeaky clean in that regard?
I think not!
But being conscientious is always a good thing...fight the good fight.

Last edited by stagehand38; 06-24-2011 at 06:32 PM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM

You mean "conscientious" ?, or aware of all the Chinese made products, wherever you go.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
You mean "conscientious" ?, or aware of all the Chinese made products, wherever you go.
Thanks Invader for the spell check....and yes.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegenes View Post

+1 on that Bluegenes and you too Stagehand.. It's an awful long drive to work in China.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 PM

Who cares where they are assembled as long as they ride well and don't suffer from mechanical issues. So far 13,000 miles no problems; regular maint/oilchanges, replace chain, and keeps on going.
My Triumph Bonneville is assembled in thailand, Runs great, no crazy Lucas electric issues, doesn't leak fluid, starts every time I push the button.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
What's your 11th VIN character?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode