Tank Bag question - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tank Bag question

Hi All

New to this forum, but I couldn't think of a more knowledgeable place to put up my question.

I have a 2007 V and I'm in the process of setting it up for a trip with my daughter this summer to Sweden.

I have now gotten the H&B Gobi 37l side cases it, but I'm missing a good(not the most expensive) tank bag that fits a V as I know it has a "funky" shape and of it is plastics so magnets is not that a reliable option.

Does anyone here know of some that I can get here in Euro-land ?

(And yes I did search this forum first, just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for )

Best Regards
Falgaroth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 06:29 AM

SW Motech has a lot of options for the Versys:

http://shop.sw-motech.com/lshop,show...046661,,,,.htm

FAMSA of Italy also has a few.

Here are some that I found interesting when I was looking:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...64&postcount=9

Cheers.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Saw a Joe Rocket "Manta" on a friend's Triumph, so tried it on my Versys, and it fits fine (magnetic), tho' it's a tad small.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 02:41 PM

Joe Rocket "Manta"

I have the small version of this bag, i love it. There are two or three sizes. I recommend it.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Givi has some nice tank bags. i have one can't remember the model. Its magnetic and it holds tight.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 04:19 PM

Cortech Super Mini. Not much on space but sticks good (put it on backward) and can hold a water bottle, wallet, map, etc.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 04:20 PM

I have the Kawasaki one for the Versys.
Quick release and well made.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 07:25 PM

You are correct that the magnetic flaps won't grab onto the plastic sides but just fold them under and your good to go.

100 countries or bust...80 so far.
Rides: Ecuador, Haiti, Laos, Sri Lanka, Tibet & Vietnam

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Mines the Givi T409. Just put it on and took some photos. here ya go. With the cup holder i place it like the last photo even with the tank protector the magnets hold it nice and snug..

IMG_0172 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0171 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0170 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0169 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0168 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0167 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0166 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 06-17-2011 at 07:36 PM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 08:11 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to rponiarski
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Saw a Joe Rocket "Manta" on a friend's Triumph, so tried it on my Versys, and it fits fine (magnetic), tho' it's a tad small.
+1 for the Manta. I have one on my 2009 V and it is great. Sure, it isn't the biggest bag, but that's what saddle bags (panniers) and a top trunk are for. For small items, music players and toll passes, it works like a charm.

Richard M. Poniarski
'09 Kawasaki Versys
AMA#: 674623
ROK #: 100024905
Everybody is entitled to the reality of their own choosing...

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e moneybags View Post
Cortech Super Mini. Not much on space but sticks good (put it on backward) and can hold a water bottle, wallet, map, etc.
+1...The Cortech Super Mini works great. Fits the tank profile, strong magnetic attachment, and just enough room for my cell phone, energy bars, etc. I also value the fact that it doesn't obscure the instruments like larger bags.

2009 GREEN Versys
2006 Yellow Pearl H-D VRSCR Street Rod
2010 Scarlet Red H-D FXDF Fat Bob

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm a fan of the Joe Rocket bag as well. Have the small one and love it.

If you're looking for a larger bag that will stay in place no matter what, you might consider the new Cortech Dryver series. They feature what Cortech calls "a high-tech ring-lock system that mounts to gas cap hardware for quick attachment and removal." It also features an "adjustable slider base which provides a wide variety of positioning options to fit different makes of motorcycles."

The bags look pretty impressive (in magazine ads) although I haven't seen one in person yet. Still, Cortech, in my experience, is very good stuff and worth the price.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 06-18-2011 at 09:15 AM.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 10:27 AM

+1 on cortech. When I put it on backwards to so the 'wings' fit the tank better, it tried flying off in a strong headwind as the magnets are not under the handle part. This way works pretty good and stays put.

The mini fits my spare clear visor too.

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 12:28 PM
dkp

I just bungied my old tank bag from my concorse on to the back seat, works great and it's big.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Hi Again

Thanks for all you good options, I'll have to go through them and see which is available in my area

/Fal
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 03:53 PM
djg

SW Motech/ Bags Connections City bag. Pricey, fits perfect. Fuel cap ring mount. I like mine. You have to drill the bag bottom for the mounting bracket, and add a ring mount to fuel cap.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 12:43 AM

I have a Wolfman Express bag. It works well & clears the bars at full lock. You can see a picture of it, on a Versys, on the Wolfeman/UK website.

Here's mine - tankbag.jpg
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 02:58 AM

Givi T440, if you can still find one for sale

No flaps to worry about.
It has a headstock security strap but have never needed it.
The 3 strong magnets keep it firmly attached at +100mph no problem.

Top front pocket for wallet and Mobile, rear pocket for keys, earplugs and loose change, main compartment is expandable and is large enough to fit 3 pairs of bulky gloves in it.

Richard

at

Last edited by TowerMan; 06-26-2011 at 03:04 AM.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e moneybags View Post
+1 for the mini.

I run it in regular orientation, sometimes I get the mag "wings" to flap if I'm haphazard with positioning it. Adds convenience, but not much luggage space.

A2ron
Charleston, SC
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 07:57 AM

I bought a $50 tankbag from Aldi when they did their annual motorcycle gear sale. It sounds cheap, but works great with the mods I did.

It started out with flaps for the magnets. I cut off the flaps and repositioned the magnets in under the bag itself. The underside had 3" square sections already stitched into the base and the magnet discs slid in there easily. I stitched up the perimeter where the flaps had been, all done.

There is one magnet flap pointing forward that clings in front of the fuel cap. The other magnets all work fine. It has survived a lot of riding, rain, side winds, nothing moves it.

You can help make Clem a household name

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode