Portable center stand - "quick stand" - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Portable center stand - "quick stand"

I was wondering if anyone here has any feedback on the following "quick stand" product:

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm

http://www.aerostich.com/quick-stand.html

I emailed the people at motorcycle radar and they confirmed it will work on the versys with spools, which i do have, 10mm in fact.

I am planning a x-country trip this summer, SF to NYC, on my 2011 Versys and having this stand would be really useful for lubing the chain, every night...

cheers!

2011 Kawasaki Versys
2003 Kawasaki KLR 250
1990 Suzuki GS500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 02:57 PM

Pretty neat. I do the same thing with 60 cents worth of 1 1/2" ABS, but it takes up more room than a pair of sunglasses and doesn't look near as classy. I say go for it.
The V can be a little tough to lift onto the stand, having another person helps, and don't forget to lock the front brake on.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 04:29 PM
dkp

quick stand

I got a nice stand from DiscountRamps.com for 50.00. It's called the all in one & comes with adaptors to lift both ends of the bike. Works great and only takes one person. Good luck.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 04:41 PM

If you have a picture or after you get one, post a picture of it in place.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcleen1004 View Post
I was wondering if anyone here has any feedback on the following "quick stand" product:

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm

http://www.aerostich.com/quick-stand.html

I emailed the people at motorcycle radar and they confirmed it will work on the versys with spools, which i do have, 10mm in fact.

I am planning a x-country trip this summer, SF to NYC, on my 2011 Versys and having this stand would be really useful for lubing the chain, every night...

cheers!

"Respect the Ride if you don't you Won't"
"A man's got to know his limitations"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoreride View Post
If you have a picture or after you get one, post a picture of it in place.
Thanks
Ditto! I assume since there are no photos or videos showing it under the bike or how easy it is to use, it is not.

I am still eyeballing the packjack.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Ditto! I assume since there are no photos or videos showing it under the bike or how easy it is to use, it is not.

I am still eyeballing the packjack.
+1

I will be getting a packjack before my next "long ride."
Besides being simple and simple to use, I like it's size--looks like I could find a place to fit it under the seat so that it will always be with the bike.

Your ride plan sounds awesome! I've been meaning to do that one for a while...one of these years!

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMoto View Post
+1

I will be getting a packjack before my next "long ride."
Besides being simple and simple to use, I like it's size--looks like I could find a place to fit it under the seat so that it will always be with the bike.

Your ride plan sounds awesome! I've been meaning to do that one for a while...one of these years!

Weljo has mentioned if you buy a packjack, call them and get the "adjustable" version as the Versys sits a little higher.. They don't show it on the web page so don't order online..

If you get yours before me, post a few pics please!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron650 View Post
Pretty neat. I do the same thing with 60 cents worth of 1 1/2" ABS, but it takes up more room than a pair of sunglasses and doesn't look near as classy. I say go for it.
The V can be a little tough to lift onto the stand, having another person helps, and don't forget to lock the front brake on.
I'm with this guy, but I used 3/4" schedule 40 PVC pipe, with a v-notch cut in one end to fit on the spool and a rubber chair leg protector on the ground end. I think I have about $2 invested, works great and is much quicker/simpler to use than the stand for just chain maintainance. It fits nicely in my panniers, never ride without it.

Mike
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 11:34 AM

I have used one on my Versys (with spools) for over a year. I would recommend it. Yes, you can build one for yourself that is much cheaper, but this thing is well made and thought out -- lightweight, doesn't take up much space when all folded up into it's holder, and quick & easy to use.

I use it mostly to clean and lube the chain on longer trips, but it would come in handy to repair a flat if I needed to (also carry a flat repair kit with me). I'd be a little worried to remove the rear tire using this thing, especially on soft, uneven, or unlevel ground. Another thing to note is that it places extra strain on the kickstand, but the kickstand on the V is fairly hefty. (I would not use it on a Ducati Multistrada)

-Never mistake kindness for weakness.
-Harley Davidson rEvolution engine (V-Rod): Designed by Porsche, detuned by Harley.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 11:57 AM

Thumbs up Nice Piece!

I have the Quick Stand. Nice piece, but a little pricey. But overall I like the small size, compact, and usefulness of this item.

“Don’t bother me with DETAILS!”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
I have the Quick Stand. Nice piece, but a little pricey. But overall I like the small size, compact, and usefulness of this item.
Can you please post photos of how it works? Does it take two people?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode