Heading Out - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Heading Out

My wife and I are fortunate enough to have jobs where we can take off 2 to 3 weeks each year for travel. I am fortunate to have a wife that rides and will only travel by motorcycle.
We are leaving Florida this coming week to beat the heat. Heading up to the mountains for a few weeks. We don't make definite plans because we like to play it loosely and watch weather. We are hoping for Virginia to see our daughter and granddaughters. Probably spend some time on the Blueridge pkwy. Head over to West Va and Tennessee.
We have hit these states before and loved the roads, but this will be the first time on the Versys. Can't wait to blow this popsickle stand!
I looked at Motorcycleroads.com and Rt 5 (Nickle & Dime) out of Richmond lookes to be a nice ride since my daughter lives in Hampton. Any other suggestions from locals would be a great.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Take a look at Mad maps. They have maps of loop rides all throughout that area. Make sure and bring a jacket liner for the Cherohala and parts of the BRP. I was wearing perforated leathers in '07. The Valleys were in the 100s and the BRP was barely 70 degrees mid day. Had to put my rain jacket on over my gear.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Oh yea, I had to do that same thing last time I was up there. Put my rain suit on over my jacket. I thought it was just me being a Florida boy. Gets cold man!
I do have the Mad Maps. Good resource for different areas. I always ask locals though, cause nobody knows better than riders from the area. If anyone comes down this way, I can put you on roads nobody seems to know about outside of Florida. Not like the rest of the country but still the best we have.

IBA #23562

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
We are leaving Florida this coming week to beat the heat. Heading up to the mountains for a few weeks.
LOL, My family is heading to Florida for Vacation in a week.. (We live in Virginia)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

If I were here Capn, I have an extra bike and could have shown you some great backroads where I live. Florida's best kept secret.
Enjoy the vacation and use plenty of Sun Screen.

IBA #23562

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
If I were here Capn, I have an extra bike and could have shown you some great backroads where I live. Florida's best kept secret.
Enjoy the vacation and use plenty of Sun Screen.
for the kind offer! Maybe another time! Enjoy the BRP, it has a lot of beauty to offer. Enjoy the trip to see your young'ins. Ride Safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode