08 versys vs 011 versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
08 versys vs 011 versys

I have a 08 and was wondering about the 011 ....is it that much better to trade mine in for a 011?ICould trade for 3800 otr and mine has 13000 miles on it...do you guys think that I should or keep my 08....I'm leaning towards trading it. Thanks for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
With only 13000 mile on the 08 i would keep it. The new V's are just old V's with a face lift and some rubber here and there. I would keep the 08 unless you just have to have something new.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 02:48 PM

Keep the '08 and with the money you save there's plenty for gas and tires.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 02:57 PM

Replace it. Just give me a heads up before you give it, sorry, trade it in to the dealer.

Seriously, where are you located? I'm thinking of getting a second Versys to keep down south.

Gustavo

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 03:24 PM

Keep the fast red one and buy a nice scooter with the money saved!!!!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I think it is that much better in the looks department, but I'm biased. I could have bought an almost new '09 for $4000 or a '11 for $5900 after kawi rebates and negotiations. I felt the $1900 was worth it. Buy what you want and can afford.

I mean if we all were cheap no one would buy new bikes and we would all be driving Kia Rio's

Motorcycles are an emotional purchase. Do what makes YOU happy. You wouldn't be asking if you didn't like the looks better. Am I right, or am I right?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 PM

I ride an 08. I wanted to test an 11 in the Ticket to Ride event. However, after sitting on it and starting it to see if there was much difference with the vibes. There is a difference. However, I decided to spend my time testing something else. My 08 @ 12K miles is perfectly fine. If I was going to update (a newer same model) I would wait until the one I have becomes a maintenance problem.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
If you go with an '11 you can keep your forum user name as well.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:54 PM

Go for the 11 it is faster I find that I only start getting vib at around 6k RPM and that is about 80 mph otherwise the vib is not really bad.

2012 Super Tenere On order

2011 Versys Sold
2006 DL1000 Sold
2006 XR650L Sold
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinh View Post
Go for the 11 it is faster I find that I only start getting vib at around 6k RPM and that is about 80 mph otherwise the vib is not really bad.
That's curious because that's exactly the same rpm the older Versys vibrate at. Must be that new and improved engine mount...

Gustavo

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
That's curious because that's exactly the same rpm the older Versys vibrate at. Must be that new and improved engine mount...

Gustavo

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 AM

i dont know whats wrong with martin's bike but my versys has some rumble vibes in the lower 2-4k rpms but once above is smooth as silk.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
i dont know whats wrong with martin's bike but my versys has some rumble vibes in the lower 2-4k rpms but once above is smooth as silk.
You are right at 4-6k it is smooth but that is too slow for me. Get them RPMs up 6-8k 9k and you will feel the vibe and ride it like that for 20+ miles and get off the bike and then let us know if your fingers and feet have a little tingle in them.

2012 Super Tenere On order

2011 Versys Sold
2006 DL1000 Sold
2006 XR650L Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode