Replacement brake pads - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Replacement brake pads

I wanted to ask everyone what kind of front brake pads they used to replace the stock ones. I've read good things about EBC HH pads, but worry they may ware the disks down. Has anyone tried the EBC Organic front brake pads?

Maurice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Why would the HH wear down the rotor? I've had them on other bikes and they've worked fine.

I put the organic pads on, but only cause they were the cheapest. ANY new pads on that bike are an improvement. On the street, I find it pretty difficult to tell the difference in brake pads. Only when I'm hard braking at the track do differences become apparent.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Ebc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moflow View Post
I wanted to ask everyone what kind of front brake pads they used to replace the stock ones. I've read good things about EBC HH pads, but worry they may ware the disks down. Has anyone tried the EBC Organic front brake pads?

Maurice
Works great! On my second pair.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angst View Post
Works great! On my second pair.
OEM pads are HH rated. At least mine are.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yeah, original Tokico brake pads are HH rated... I do like my Vesrah sintered metal HH pads though. Its compound does look different and performs better. Also available in semi-metallic for the Versys.

EBC's Organic Kevlarģ Brake Pads are pretty interesting though:

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/motorcycle_...ds/index.shtml
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:36 PM

EBC HH on mine last fall. I did the Stainless lines as well, and got a noticeable improvement in performance and lever feel.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moflow View Post

Maurice
Pretty much all motorcycles come with metallic pads as original equipment. Organic pads are the low cost replacement option. Metallic pads offer more grip and more consistent performance in wet conditions. There is lots of info on organic vs metallic on EBC's website.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to all for the feedback. I didn't know that the stock pads were HH rated. From what I had read, I was under the impression that metal sintered brake pads could wear the disks faster and possibly lead to warping. However this is probably under racing conditions, which is not the case for my street riding. Local dealer has the EBC HH brake pads in stock but wants $53 CDN per side, online I can get them for about $42 and shipping. I'd like to support my dealer, but you can't beat online pricing and with the high cost of equipment and parts for our sport, all savings keeps me on the road a little longer.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 07:49 AM

Hey Moflow....check out the Ferodo pads from blue streak racing , this is what i use on my V with great results and he should be close to you as well . http://www.bluestreakracing.ca/en/bl...aki/index.html Give Tony a shout on the teli and he can fix you up ...good luck And i almost forgot that they have free shipping on orders over 59 bucks ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by oxman; 06-09-2011 at 07:52 AM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip Oxman, I called Tony, got good service and I have a set on order. They don't ship through Canada Post, so I should have them on Monday.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 PM

glad it worked out for you ....tony is a great guy to deal with and can find pretty much anything you need for or want .
Cheers ~Ox

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM

where are you guys (specifically in the USA) buying your brake pads from?
I went online for a search today and was surprised at home many places do not have them.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
I went online for a search today and was surprised at home many places do not have them.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...at=0&_from=R40

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM

Garage
Quote:

http://www.jakewilson.com/search?ter...SYS+BRAKE+PADS

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 05:47 PM

thanks weljo, i guess i should have been more specific...i was talking about ebc HH brake pads. I had already seen all those on ebay but I doubt that those pads that cost 1/2 as much and claim to be just as good, are the real deal.

I am gonna check out that other link you posted.

1997 KLR 650

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 06:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
thanks weljo, i guess i should have been more specific...i was talking about ebc HH brake pads. I had already seen all those on ebay but I doubt that those pads that cost 1/2 as much and claim to be just as good, are the real deal.

I am gonna check out that other link you posted.
http://www.jakewilson.com/p/53/90/37...tered-Double-H

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-11-2013 at 06:20 PM.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 08:24 PM

yup, got'm... thanks

1997 KLR 650

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 PM

I went here and got these:
http://www.podiumsuperbike.com/store...p?idProduct=43
You can also get SS brakelines there too.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 PM

Try this site: http://www.d2moto.com/p-22558-2007-2...rake-pads.aspx

You can get a set of front and rear pad - all three for less than $50 (US); scintered metal HH. They work great on my 09V.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode