My Review Of Speedys Anti-Vibe Risers - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
My Review Of Speedys Anti-Vibe Risers /Added Video 5/30

All right first off. This is my opinion of a product put on my versys and my impressions of that product.

To begin i've had the sw-motech risers on my bike for awhile and really liked them for comfort purposes.My bike has a baldwin tall seat and the risers were needed to relieve pain in the shoulders from my arm being too straight out.

So for speedys risers. As always a good quality product with fast service. Took the bike out today for about a 50 mile run L.A.freeways and residential neighborhoods. Very comfortable ride actually push the bars more forward than pulling back to me as with the others. The vibration as stated by speedy is greatly reduced. I have the Z-1000 mirrors so the vibes are way better than stock but the risers did made a drastic improvement. Side note if you have changed out your risers if you get these you will need the stock bolts.

So for me they are much better than the risers i had on the bike and leaps and bounds better than running stock.

Are they worth the money again for me A big yes and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone

So a big for speedy

For anyone wanting scientific data: Buy your own and run your test on your dime.

IMG_0147 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0146 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 05-30-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Added Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Was hoping you could provide your height and arm length.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Was hoping you could provide your height and arm length.
I'm 6'2" When i buy long sleeve shirts the lengths are 36/37. Hope this helps.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 03:13 AM

Thanks for the review weljo , I know it's hard to quantify but sounds like a good improvement over stock, just wondering is there any flex on the bars or is it rigid ? wondering what is inside, a sheet of 1/16th rubber or something else ?
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 03:31 AM

I'm still struggling to understand why a tall person would need to raise the handlebars.
I'm also 190cm tall (or 6'2'' in medieval measurements) and when I changed stock handlebars for Pro Taper ATV Low I wasn't impressed with wider and higher position for my arms. I remember it felt a lot less 'sporty'.
I got used to it quickly and I'm quite comfortable now.
I'd like to try the raiser and feel the difference but from this (unscientific) standpoint it doesn't seem reasonable.
One benefit I can think of is better grip when standing on the pegs. I need to bend the knees a little to reach the controls on my bike (with peg lowers).

P.S.
Weljo,
Harley Davidson called and asked for his cup holder.
Randyjaco likes this.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan V View Post
I'm still struggling to understand why a tall person would need to raise the handlebars.
I'm also 190cm tall (or 6'2'' in medieval measurements) and when I changed stock handlebars for Pro Taper ATV Low I wasn't impressed with wider and higher position for my arms. I remember it felt a lot less 'sporty'.
I got used to it quickly and I'm quite comfortable now.
I'd like to try the raiser and feel the difference but from this (unscientific) standpoint it doesn't seem reasonable.
One benefit I can think of is better grip when standing on the pegs. I need to bend the knees a little to reach the controls on my bike (with peg lowers).

P.S.
Weljo,
Harley Davidson called and asked for his cup holder.

With the baldwin seat i sit back an extra inch.which caused the arms to be too straight.the risers solved the problem..

As far as the cup holder. where do you guys keep your whisky when out on a ride.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivecoo View Post
Thanks for the review weljo , I know it's hard to quantify but sounds like a good improvement over stock, just wondering is there any flex on the bars or is it rigid ? wondering what is inside, a sheet of 1/16th rubber or something else ?
Didn't notice any flex. Bars feel the same as when stock. just alot less vibration. Didn't notice any rubber. If you go to speedys site and go to the install section for the risers you can get a good look at it seems to be two seperate pieces put together 4 inset allen screws attach to the stock plate then the 4 stock bolts piece the rest together.If you notice on the photos there are gaps for the 2 plates so maybe this is what is helping with the vibes.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Heres a video of a ride with the camera mounted on the handle bars next to the mirror. God that cowl buzz is awful.

IMG_0150 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Looks good, smooth and clear in the video! Pretty wicked trees out there. Nice neighborhood... Sounds like your chain is a bit unevenly stretched. Many miles on it? Dampened front sprocket?

Last edited by invader; 05-30-2011 at 03:41 PM.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Looks good and smooth in the video! Pretty wicked trees out there. Nice neighborhood... Sounds like your chain is a bit unevenly stretched. Many miles on it? Dampened front sprrocket?
Front sprocket is dampened. Will check on the chain. only about 6200 miles on the chain and tires. Thanks

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:21 PM

Chain doesn't sound too badly stretched yet...

2007 Versys service manual:

Drive Chain Wear Inspection
•Remove the chain cover.
•Rotate the rear wheel to inspect the drive chain for damaged rollers, and loose pins and links. If there is any irregularity, replace the drive chain. Lubricate the drive chain if it appears dry.
•Stretch the chain taut by hanging a 98 N (10 kg, 20 lb) weight [A] on the chain.
•Measure the length of 20 links [B] on the straight part [C] of the chain from the pin center of the 1st pin to the pin center of the 21st pin. Since the chain may wear unevenly, take measurements at several places. If any measurements exceed the service limit, replace the chain. Also, replace the front and rear sprockets when the drive chain is replaced.

Drive Chain 20-link Length
Standard: 317.5 ∼ 318.2 mm (12.50 ∼ 12.53 in.)
Service Limit: 323 mm (12.7 in.)

WARNING
If the drive chain wear exceeds the service limit, replace the chain or an unsafe riding condition may result. A chain that breaks or jumps off the sprockets could snag on the engine sprocket or lock the rear wheel, severely damaging the motorcycle and causing it to go out of control.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Alot of the racket is coming from the top of the dash right above the tach. Never had any noise until i had the therm-o-bob installed and bulbs changed before i left texas.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:28 PM

Yes, the unever chain sound is isolated from your fairing vibration racket... You could check any fairing and panels screws and bolts that were removed when they worked on it.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Yes, the unever chain sound is isolated from your fairing vibration racket... You could check any fairing and panels screws and bolts that were removed when they worked on it.
Will do i plan on changing out those crappy plastic push pins or whatever there called. If you place your hand on the dash right above the tach.No buzz

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:39 PM

Yeah, that is exactly where mine has just started buzzing sometimes at mid-rpms, now at a staggering 6000 miles on my 2007... Will look into a specific fix for it soon.

Last edited by invader; 05-30-2011 at 04:44 PM.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:15 PM

With bar raised, is there enough play with the stock cables?
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wampuspacker View Post
With bar raised, is there enough play with the stock cables?
No problem with the cables at all just slapped the risers on and adjusted the bars to the position i wanted them and tightened them up and went riding.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Heres another video going down some much rougher roads.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 09:28 PM

looks good, I went to speedys site and they are sold out already.

2012 Super Tenere On order

2011 Versys Sold
2006 DL1000 Sold
2006 XR650L Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode