Anti Vib Handlebar Riser - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Anti Vib Handlebar Riser

Here it is forks , the all new ANTI VIBRATION HANDLEBAR RAISE form our Speedy Bro.

http://motowerk.com/VersysAntiVibrat...ebarRiser.aspx

looks good as usual from speedy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
As far as I can see, it not only rises the handlebar which is good for tall people, this device will also shorten the distance between the driver and the handlebar because of the handlebar base angle... Do yo think it will be a problem?
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Yes, you are right, the handlebar riser will bring the handlebar a little closer to the rider as well as up, but this is not a problem. In fact, riders prefer it that way. How do I know it? Because, we've been making a regular handlebar riser of about the same height (regular riser moves the bar 1" and the anti-vibration riser 1-1/16") as well, and everybody likes it.

Last edited by Speedy Gonzalez; 05-25-2011 at 04:39 PM.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM

Riser for 1 1/8" handlebars

Speedy, Not sure if there is enough demand but any chance you could make risers that will allow a 1 1/18" bar? I know you would also have to make a top cover.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 01:48 PM

Question Interesting

I am intrigued by this product, but I will wait to see/read reviews by actual purchasers before considering a purchase. A demo would go a long way in helping me decide to buy this item.
Good luck with this item, and I hope it works as advertised.
I see that it will work with the stock brake hoses, that's a nice feature. How about the stock clutch cable, is there any need to alter or adjust it?

“Don’t bother me with DETAILS!”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 02:14 PM

Another well thought out and finely crafted product Speedy. I'm about to raise the seat a bit, maybe I'll want the bars to follow.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokis View Post
Speedy, Not sure if there is enough demand but any chance you could make risers that will allow a 1 1/18" bar? I know you would also have to make a top cover.
Hi Rokis,
I could make handlebar riser for a 1-1/8" bar diamater, but it would not be the anti-vibration model, due to the fact that the anti-vibration model requires a lot of space for dampening material, and half of 1-1/8" thickness takes away a lot of space required for it. Or, in other words, I would have to make the riser much taller, and in that case, new cables and lines would be required.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
I am intrigued by this product, but I will wait to see/read reviews by actual purchasers before considering a purchase. A demo would go a long way in helping me decide to buy this item.
Good luck with this item, and I hope it works as advertised.
I see that it will work with the stock brake hoses, that's a nice feature. How about the stock clutch cable, is there any need to alter or adjust it?
I might jump on my bike, shoot a video, and post it on YouTube. This way you will be able to see that there is no buzz in the mirrors. It's hard to video the lack of or a reduction in vibration of the handlebar riser. If comes to the cables and brake line, they all stay the same. There is enough slack in the original stock lines and hoses.
I'm looking forward to getting feeback from the forum users on this.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez View Post
Yes, you are right, the handlebar riser will bring the handlebar a little closer to the rider as well as up, but this is not a problem. In fact, riders prefer it that way. How do I know it? Because, we've been making a regular handlebar riser of about the same height (regular riser moves the bar 1" and the anti-vibration riser 1-1/16") as well, and everybody likes it.
There's no way I can see that a taller rider (over 6'1") with proportional length arms would want the bars closer to them. Just the opposite, the rider position needs to be opened up, not condensed.

That's why the Rox Risers can be made to work...you can effectively put the bars in front of the stock mounting bracket. This raises them very slightly and puts them an inch or so more forward....opening up the rider position.

Create something to open up the position....as in a whole new bar mounting platform (ditching the stock piece) and I'll bet you could sell quite a few.

Last edited by VersysJim; 05-25-2011 at 08:33 PM.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez View Post
I might jump on my bike, shoot a video, and post it on YouTube. This way you will be able to see that there is no buzz in the mirrors. It's hard to video the lack of or a reduction in vibration of the handlebar riser. If comes to the cables and brake line, they all stay the same. There is enough slack in the original stock lines and hoses.
I'm looking forward to getting feeback from the forum users on this.
Speedy,

Ever think about making soft saddlebag brackets for the v?!??! i want to add the Cortech soft saddlebags but do not want the sag and have yet to find any type of brackets....just sayin
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 11:30 AM

I've not found the vibration on the Versys excessive at all, but then I have done 500 mile days on big bore, thumpers (like the KTM 640 which vibrates so much it has you buzzing for several hours when you get off the bike)

but wow, 50-80% reduction in vibes? how was this determined.. did you use an accelerometer? or more seat of pants experience?

not doubting the claim, just not much info on the website on how the dampening is achieved or how results were gathered. It seems the design has two pieces with the lower piece being supported by four shock absorbing feet and the lower piece floats between the stock clamp and and the top piece with the four mounting bolts going down through and in to the stock clamp?
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 01:00 PM

I'm a 6'5" rider using Speedy's traditional, 1" riser. To address the concern about condensing the riding position, I also considered that this might be an issue for me prior to the switch, but it has been 100% upside for me. Here's why.... Assuming your arms are kept at the same angle with and without the riser, it simply puts your body position slightly more upright (and comfortable IMO). So, I'm sitting up straighter, my hands are a little higher, my brake levers have greater clearance around the windshield at full lock, and I did not have to replace or reroute any cables. I immediately felt like I had a more aggressive control / handle of the bike when I made the switch. The best analogy I can think if is, it is kind of like having more power when punching something perpendicular to your body vs. punching at a downward angle. I feel a greater sense of both comfort and control.

Since I'm already a customer (hint, hint) I'd be glad to do a review of the anti-vib riser if Speedy is willing to do a clean swap!

2009 Kawasaki Versys - Candy Plasma Blue
2013 Yamaha WR250R
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 03:37 PM

Just ordered a pair- will let you know how they work. Just put the standard risers on last week!
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDTransplant View Post
Just ordered a pair- will let you know how they work. Just put the standard risers on last week!

Ditto: Just placed an order for them. I got the SW-Motech risers before speedy started making his. Just did a 1400 mile trip no problem with vibes in the hands but want these because thier a little higher and to have as less vibes when i have the camera mounted to the handle bars.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 05:20 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfontainejr View Post
Speedy,

Ever think about making soft saddlebag brackets for the v?!??! i want to add the Cortech soft saddlebags but do not want the sag and have yet to find any type of brackets....just sayin
Chuck was making some and then quit. Another fellow took up the challenge, Ken I think, and was offering some for sale. Might do a forum search?

“Don’t bother me with DETAILS!”
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 05:23 PM

Is it possible to attach a new anti vibe one to a standard Speedy riser that is already mounted? Will that make too high? Will it impact the stock wires and cords?
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:24 PM

Can't wait to read some reviews on these. I just did 150 miles on the highway on my 2011 V and when I got off the bike my fingers I found were all tingling from the vibration. They said the vibration was less than the 09 I can't imagin how much more vib the old V's have. I am 6'1 and when I stand on the pegs I need the bars higher so this is one Item I am thinking about.

Speedy would you do a group buy and offer a discount?

2012 Super Tenere On order

2011 Versys Sold
2006 DL1000 Sold
2006 XR650L Sold
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 11:27 AM

I just ordered the riser as well, I think it will be a positive add on. I have already bought the peg lowering kit and was very satisfied, I noticed quite a difference on my knee comfort. The quality of Speedy's products is top shelf, looking forward.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdogg View Post
I've not found the vibration on the Versys excessive at all, but then I have done 500 mile days on big bore, thumpers (like the KTM 640 which vibrates so much it has you buzzing for several hours when you get off the bike)

but wow, 50-80% reduction in vibes? how was this determined.. did you use an accelerometer? or more seat of pants experience?

not doubting the claim, just not much info on the website on how the dampening is achieved or how results were gathered. It seems the design has two pieces with the lower piece being supported by four shock absorbing feet and the lower piece floats between the stock clamp and and the top piece with the four mounting bolts going down through and in to the stock clamp?
Yeah, I don't mind the vibration of the bike at all, and Mrs. Speedy actually loves it Don't ask me why I just was getting tired of my right pinky getting numb when I would go for longer rides. Plus, you need to know that in California, for the most part, you don't get a ticket for speeding, but only for not looking in the rear view mirror, and that little buzz that I had in my mirrors prevented me from seeing the CHP coming from behind
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 11:45 AM

Garage
Have to say Very quick service from speedy.ordered yesterday got an e-mail today with the tracking #. Should have soon located less than 2 hours from speedys shop.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode