Lowered the Versys today - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lowered the Versys today

I used the Motowerk lowering kit. I also lowered the footpegs and added the Flatfoot. I did everything myself and it didn't take more than a couple hours. Speedy's directions were clear and concise. I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm not afraid to dive in and give it a go.

Everything fit very well. I have a torque wrench, so everything with a torque value got torqued. I thought it would take two to lower the front end, but it turned out to be easy to do myself. I'm very pleased with the products from Speedy. I sit nice and flat footed on the bike now.

I installed a Powerbronze windshield last night and it looks good. I'm going to install my horn and a pigtail tonight. I'll take some pics and post them up tomorrow. Thanks for all the good advice.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by G19Tony; 05-24-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 PM

Question PowerBronze Windshield

Tony,
I'll be interested in seeing how the PowerBronze looks, and what you think about it after you have a chance to ride.

“Don’t bother me with DETAILS!”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

I took the bike out for a ride today, and I'm really impressed with what lowering does. Aside from being able to flat foot the bike at stops, I have more confidence in the bike when I'm in turns. It seems to corner better without the feeling of going over. I'm sure it's a function of being lower to the ground.
It's altogether a much better feeling bike than it was before.

I like the PowerBronze windscreen. I had the top of the windscreen angled back on this ride and got some turbulence on top of my helmet. It wasn't annoying until I got above 60. On this afternoons ride, I'm going to tilt the rear of the windscreen so it's at it most vertical setting. It's wide enough that I only got a little wind on my arms.

I'm happy with the windscreen purchase. I'm also happy with the lowering kit.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode