Buyer Beware (Motorcyclesuperstore) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Buyer Beware (Motorcyclesuperstore)

I have caught them several times raising their prices, so they can make you think you are saving money. Here is the most recent example of this fraudulent practice.

Wen I asked them about this on Facebook, they replied with "we have to raise the price to be able to offer the discount" I asked why not just offer your best price, they blocked any further postings from me. This is Blatant fraud, they are saying I am saving 10%, but they raise the pricing temporarily to give the discount. When the coupon ends the pricing will go back down to exactly the same price as with the discount. I have seen this many times over the past few years, and have reported them to the Attorney Generals office for Fraud.

Michelin Pilot Powers

Current Pricing (inflated)

180/55-17 $119.99
120/70-17 $98.99

Then with their BS 10% off Coupon makes the Prices

180/55-17 $107.99
120/70-17 $89.09

For a much better deal without the BS coupons or Smoke and mirrors go to JakeWilson.com or Rockymountainatv.com for this pricing.

180/55-17 $103.99
120/70-17 $86.99

All of the above offer 3 day free shipping!!!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM

what you have at retailers like motorcycle super store or revzilla is MAP pricing. It means that the owner or the product, the distributor, calls the shots and tells you what the advertised price can be. This is why everyone seems to have the same prices.
Another example of this is when a retailer cannot show the price on the website and you have to add it to the cart before you can see the price. This is because the retailer is still trying to sell it for a low price but cannot advertise it as such, because of legal reasons.

all in all i think it is a good thing. I worked for revzilla and can tell you that since the companies have to have the same basic prices, it makes them have to increase value to the customer in other ways. Like website appearance, customer service, reviews, videos, feedback, and great return policies.

at the end of the day, it doesnt matter which retailer you buy it from, they are all getting their stuff from the same places. Send them an email with a REASONABLE offer and a reason why you think it should be lower. I saw hundreds of those email be entertained while working in that business.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 05:42 PM

Retail Price Maintenance has been illegal in the UK for years, however it doesn't stop retail outlets running dodgy discount schemes.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 07:46 PM

I will compare prices everytime I buy!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

That's too bad. I've bought a lot of stuff from them. Their prices have always been good, and their customer service is outstanding!

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I've also bought a lot of stuff from there, been treated fairly, and, as far as I'm aware - got reasonable prices (at least, prices I can live with...).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 08:28 PM

For tires, you can't beat Tim and Ernie at http://www.discount-motorcycletires.com/

Brothers, real motocycle guys, have a shop in Georgia and an internet business. Never met Ernie but I've met Tim twice (both times at the Moonshine Lunch Run) and he's as genuine a human being as you'll find. He has come through for people needing tires more times than I can remember. Best prices, best service.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 PM

I've found MSS prices to be usually quite good and competitive and their customer service to be very good. I never feel deceived: I always compare the actual price. I don't always buy from them, but do so often and will do so again.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:47 PM

I got so pissed off at bike bandit for doing this, even spent some time on their chat about it, and finally swore off them never to buy again.
They will never get another dime of my money.

Idiots. But that's what they think we are. I spend hundreds every year with 4 bikes in the garage. Complete idiots.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 10:00 PM

Google has a new service that is still in Beta called Google product search.

http://www.google.com/prdhp

It allows you to enter a product and see who has it cheapest.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 10:28 PM

Well since we are on a Bike Bandit/Motorcycle Superstore story-telling spree.... I am attempting to get a refund on some Saddlemen luggage I purchased through Bike Bandit.

The box in arrived in OEM packaging looking like the UPS truck had driven over it a couple times- which I suppose I can't really blame Bike Bandit for that- if that's what happened.

They stress returning undamaged packaging in the return policy, but when it arrives at the customer beat to heck in the first place, what are you to do? So we will see how I fare with that.

I told the lady at Bike Bandit that Saddlemen had the crappiest customer service I could ever remember (never returned emails, or phone calls, impossible to track down a live person on their customer service phone number) she laughed and said 'everyone says that about Saddlemen'. What does it take to get a live person to answer the phone these days????

I do like the discount BikeBandit offers to AMA members.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
That's too bad. I've bought a lot of stuff from them. Their prices have always been good, and their customer service is outstanding!
Ditto. Not to mention I receive orders in two days.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 10:45 PM

ATTENTION FELLOW RIDERS... if you get a package like the one described above... take pictures of it and DO NOT SIGN FOR IT... refuse it. Just call the retailer and tell them it came damaged. It will be automatically sent back to its place of origin and they will refund it.
Now what some retailers have done is a loop hole for them, which kinda makes sense on there end. They want you to ship it back to them so that they can log it and send it back as damaged and get credit for it. The problem with sending it back to the place of origin is, almost 85% of the stuff you buy online never goes to the actual brick and mortar store that you bought it from. It goes straight from some warehouse in CA to you. So read the return policy carefully. Sometimes they sound great and are actually another way to shove off the responsibility to the customer.

1997 KLR 650

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 09:25 AM

MSS experience

I'm hesitant about using MSS now.

I ordered Hepco Becker crash bars along with some other items from Motorcycle Superstore. I called to find out when to expect the shipment and was told that the HBs were not available (though the MSS web site showed 3 in stock) and they were substituting SWMs. The SWMs were cheaper on the MSS web site, but I had the distinct impression that they were not going to adjust the price nor tell me about the switch - they were just going to make the substitution and hope I didn't notice?

I canceled the crash bars and received the rest of the items in good condition.

After this experience, I've been very tentative about ordering from them again.

Just my two cents...
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
For tires, you can't beat Tim and Ernie at http://www.discount-motorcycletires.com/

Brothers, real motocycle guys, have a shop in Georgia and an internet business. Never met Ernie but I've met Tim twice (both times at the Moonshine Lunch Run) and he's as genuine a human being as you'll find. He has come through for people needing tires more times than I can remember. Best prices, best service.
great info, thanks! especially since they are local!

"What doesn't kill me postpones the inevitable"
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
09 Versys, Kawi Green
ATGATT!!

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post

+1

Gotta second that one.

Tim and Ernie know what they are talking about, care about you getting what you want, and have the best prices.

They drop ship too, which means tires arrive usually in 2 days, shipped from a location near you.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDTransplant View Post
Well since we are on a Bike Bandit/Motorcycle Superstore story-telling spree.... I am attempting to get a refund on some Saddlemen luggage I purchased through Bike Bandit.

The box in arrived in OEM packaging looking like the UPS truck had driven over it a couple times- which I suppose I can't really blame Bike Bandit for that- if that's what happened.

They stress returning undamaged packaging in the return policy, but when it arrives at the customer beat to heck in the first place, what are you to do? So we will see how I fare with that.

I told the lady at Bike Bandit that Saddlemen had the crappiest customer service I could ever remember (never returned emails, or phone calls, impossible to track down a live person on their customer service phone number) she laughed and said 'everyone says that about Saddlemen'. What does it take to get a live person to answer the phone these days????

I do like the discount BikeBandit offers to AMA members.
Call UPS and file a damaged package claim. It's quite easy. Gets it in the computer there, and helps with getting the sender involved as well.

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 11:08 AM

For what it is worth here is my experience ordering gear so far:

Riders Direct - great prices and OK service - limited product selection

Revzilla - best selection of mid tier and higher quality gear, great web site with fairly unbiased reviews - take it or leave it pricing, huge shipping charges if you live in Canada

New Enough - good clearances and customer service, limited selection

Competition Accessories - great prices and decent selection but cannot be bothered to ship to Canada (requires someone to drop ship). Charge a restocking free if you return something unless it is an exchange of the same product based on size.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
For what it is worth here is my experience ordering gear so far:

Riders Direct - great prices and OK service - limited product selection

Revzilla - best selection of mid tier and higher quality gear, great web site with fairly unbiased reviews - take it or leave it pricing, huge shipping charges if you live in Canada

New Enough - good clearances and customer service, limited selection

Competition Accessories - great prices and decent selection but cannot be bothered to ship to Canada (requires someone to drop ship). Charge a restocking free if you return something unless it is an exchange of the same product based on size.
thats a good synopsis... also remember that companies like revzilla will always match prices. So just shoot them an email with a link if you find the EXACT same product for cheaper somewhere else.

1997 KLR 650

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 02:34 PM

Definitely agree on the not-signing-for-damaged-packing...if you're home to sign!lol

Wish I had known about filing with UPS; not doing so may prevent me from getting a refund. Already got about $18.00 tied up in shipping to and from....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode