2010 Versys Paint Codes - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2010 Versys Paint Codes

Does anyone know where to find the paint codes for the 2010 Versys? I'm looking for all paint codes, including the silver paint code for the radiator shroud, and the titanium (looks like) color at the bottom of the fork tube. I don't need the paint code for the main body color, although if you have it, it would be good to have it on record.

Or, if anyone knows where to get the touch-up paint for the ones I am looking for, please let me know. I have a couple of areas that look like the paint just rubbed off? I know I wash my bike a lot, but I never thought I rubbed it hard enough to take the paint off. It is mainly on the edges. I don't have the problem with the main body panels, but that might be because they are clear coated.

Thanks,

Texas

2010 Kawasaki Versys
Givi Shield, Givi PLX V35 Side Cases, Givi V46 Top Case, Powered Tank Bag, Corbin Seat, RAM Mounts, Venhill SS Smoke Brake Lines, HID 5000K/3000K, LED Marker Lights

2012 BMW K1600GTL
Loaded

"There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland - he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from." - The endearing Forrest Gump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Or, if anyone knows where to get the touch-up paint for the ones I am looking for, please let me know.
Dealer parts dept can't order it for you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_ View Post
Dealer parts dept can't order it for you?
Apparently not. They just refer me to ColorRite, but I've heard negative things about how their colors don't match up. I would rather just get the color codes and then get my local auto paint mixer to make me a couple of cans.

Texas

2010 Kawasaki Versys
Givi Shield, Givi PLX V35 Side Cases, Givi V46 Top Case, Powered Tank Bag, Corbin Seat, RAM Mounts, Venhill SS Smoke Brake Lines, HID 5000K/3000K, LED Marker Lights

2012 BMW K1600GTL
Loaded

"There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland - he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from." - The endearing Forrest Gump

Last edited by Texas; 05-16-2011 at 02:51 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 09:21 PM

Colorite

Black
http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colo...TOKEN=13459584

Red
http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colo...TOKEN=13459584

Yellow
http://www.colorrite.com/product/kaw...ellow-1578.cfm

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Apparently not. They just refer me to ColorRite, but I've heard negative things about how their colors don't match up. I would rather just get the color codes and then get my local auto paint mixer to make me a couple of cans.

Texas
I just had my bike painted by a buddy that works in a professional body shop. I wanted the body parts to match the "titanium" engine side covers, so he took a hand-held scanner of sorts and had a computer to tell him exactly what was needed to match that color! Came out perfect! I tried finding a paint code for those pieces myself ahead of time, but could only find codes for the body panels. Maybe you could call area painters and see if they have that kind of equipment...?
Good luck!

2009 Dark Titanium Kawasaki Versys
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 (Current Project)
2007 Suzuki SV650
2003 Yamaha FZ1
2002 Yamaha VStar 1100 Classic
1993 Suzuki Katana
1987 Kawasaki KD80
Honda CT70 (Where it all began!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode