Scala Rider G4 PowerSet Review - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Scala Rider G4 PowerSet Review

I have had a Scala Rider G4 PowerSet now for 2 weeks and wanted to report on it. My wife and I have now used it for several day trips lasting several hours each. Overall I have been very impressed with it. Several years ago I bought a cheapo Motorola set that quickly convinced me that you get what you pay for….nuff said as it was quickly trashed. The first thing that impressed about the G4 was the size of the speakers. I wear spectacles and all of the other systems I have tried the speakers were so large that after an hour my ears were sore and had to remove them. The G4 speakers are only about the size of a quarter and not much thicker either. I can not even tell they are in there. Volume? Well, I have read many reviews which say that the volume is adequate but some want more. The first time we tried the G4’s in the house we both really jumped and reached for the volume button as the blast was so loud to scare the s*** out of us. I have a Cee Bailey windscreen coupled with a MadStad adjustment and for the two of us we do not have the volume anywhere near up all the way when taking at speeds of 70 – 80 MPH and it is almost like just chatting at home. Now the bad or annoying. The G4 goes into standby mode after about 30 seconds of silence in order to conserve battery life. To re-activate the first word you speak has to be very very loud, not a shout but almost, about like telling the kids to “get down from there”. From then on a perfectly normal tone of voice is all that is required. My wife and I have wear Nolan N42 open face helmets and on a windy day at certain angles to the wind the wind noise from one helmet is transmitted and amplified to the other helmet. This is extremely annoying to the point that I could envision situations where we would have to turn it off although so far it has not lasted so long as to go to that extreme; we will see. I wanted to use a dongle on my MP3 player and have us both be able to listen but can only pair the MP3 player up to on helmet. I will do some more research later to see if there is a more sophisticated one that can accomplish this (any suggestions???).
Overall I think this set is fantastic and has opened up an entirely new experience for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good review.
My wife and I have been using a Scala Rider teamset intercom for about a year now.
They have worked very well so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode