Crash Bar Diameters - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Crash Bar Diameters

Have been wondering what the diameter of the bars of my H/B's are and have seen other post asking the same of other crash bars. Was checking out a product and listed in the details were the sizes of the h/b's givi, sw-motech as well as others. So now i can order the right highway pegs.Heres the link below

http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts....Category_Code=

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
They're probably weird, my SW-MOTECH bars were 1 1/16". Just take a micrometer and measure it.

IBA # 49372
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopsycho View Post
They're probably weird, my SW-MOTECH bars were 1 1/16". Just take a micrometer and measure it.

Easy enough for sure. If your in the same location as your bike. I'm here in Puerto Rico & the bikes in Texas.Need to have the pegs waiting for me when i fly in so i can put them on then ride to California.So if someone has a set of H/B's that they haved measured or could measure and post the info i'd appreciate it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 07:01 AM

HB bar 1 inch diameter
I know what you mean when you and the bikes are miles away.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

Last edited by stlee29; 04-29-2011 at 07:03 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
stlee29:

the set-up i'm going for is a little pricey but very adjustable. so you just verified i'll be ordering the correct size.

http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=RIVCO

Choosing between theses 2 set of pegs.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 08:12 AM

Most welcome, Weljo. Happy farkling....
Them pegs would be surely good on long rides.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
Most welcome, Weljo. Happy farkling....
Them pegs would be surely good on long rides.
Yes sir. got a 1400 mile trip coming up and will be planning a few others once home.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 PM

be sure to account for the buildup on powdercoat..it can easily be a 1/16th or more...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 05:16 PM

being that you are going to be short of time when you get back. I would order both sets of foot pegs. And rather than filling up your local landfill just send the extra set to me and I will properly dispose of them for you. Hell just pay the freight up here and I won't even charge you to do it.

Ride em if ya got em!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinner View Post
being that you are going to be short of time when you get back. I would order both sets of foot pegs. And rather than filling up your local landfill just send the extra set to me and I will properly dispose of them for you. Hell just pay the freight up here and I won't even charge you to do it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode