Need tires installed in Dallas - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to leshall Send a message via Skype™ to leshall
Need tires installed in Dallas

Wow - have things changed a lot since I last bought new tires. Dealers want between $135 & $150 to install both tires.

Is this about right? I'll probably end up going to Kawasaki City in Irving unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks, Les
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leshall View Post
Wow - have things changed a lot since I last bought new tires. Dealers want between $135 & $150 to install both tires.

Is this about right? I'll probably end up going to Kawasaki City in Irving unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks, Les
Les,
That's INSTALLATION and NEW TIRES, right?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Les,
That's INSTALLATION and NEW TIRES, right?
NO! It's just installation!

Yegads!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:29 PM

Usually it is quite a bit less if you can just take the wheels in and have the tires changed. I know around here it is around $22 each off-bike and around $80 on-bike
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:32 PM

I'd go in there with a set of $25 tire irons and beat some sense into them with it.

IBA # 49372
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 PM

Here in California, a couple of weeks ago I paid $100 to have front and rear tires installed. Yeah, it is kind of high, and as noted earlier, prices are about half that if you take the wheels off yourself.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:20 PM
DR_

There is often higher rates if you bring in tires rather than buy new tires from them.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Go to this link and put in your zip code i found some good ones here in the ft.worth area that way.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...11.11_PIBanner

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Hell Les -
NEXT time, ride up to AZ, buy me lunch and a few beers, and I'll show you how to do them yourself!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:22 PM

I've bought tires here at a very good price and they mount them free here while you wait.

Motorcycle City

2146 S. Jupiter
Garland, TX 75041
(972) 926-1525

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Thanks, Les
its less than USD 20 for both tires installed and balanced here. USD 135~150 is day light robbery.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 AM
njd

Your best bet is taking the wheels off and bringing them in instead of the whole bike. I think I paid $65 for my rear over here, so I guess they're just charging double that.

Also, if you have a track nearby, they tend to do tire changes a lot cheaper.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Sorry everyone I;ve been out of town, slammed etc.

Thanks so much weljo2001 for that Motorcycle superstore listing thang. Have emailed Sabin Performance who are listed at $80 a set - good bit better than $150! There's a really good How-To on the forums with pics showing you how to take wheels off. Even though I am Scottish I still would pay someone else to do it. I'm not afraid to tackle anything, would happily build a house on my own, but for some reason, when it comes to mechanical stuff, I just can't do it!

Thanks Don for the Motorcycle City tip I'll call them next time. Did they used to be on Garland Rd?

And Ed! What a brilliant idea! Maybe next time.

Les
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

What about High Five Cycles? Got good reviews....
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 PM

Another place is A Biker's Garage in Roanoke. Good people there. Only issue is they might not call you when something is done ... you need to call them.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 08:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
Another place is A Biker's Garage in Roanoke. Good people there. Only issue is they might not call you when something is done ... you need to call them.
Well Hell if you go to roanoke make sure you check out Babe's Chicken. Yummy Yummy.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Sorry everyone I;ve been out of town, slammed etc.

Thanks so much weljo2001 for that Motorcycle superstore listing thang. Have emailed Sabin Performance who are listed at $80 a set - good bit better than $150!
Les

Anytime. Glad it was of some use to you.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 07:01 AM

Les, I tried to call Motorcycle City and there phone always rings busy for some reason. Also, it appears now that they charge $15.00 a tire to install if you buy them from them and $20.00 if you don't. Still, a good deal. I'm going by there to see what's up with the phone and I'll let you know.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode